The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Hardanger for the Horrified

(7 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by hippojah
  • Latest reply from Annie Hawksley
  1. hippojah

Can any one help me please. My son brought me a copy of Hardanger for the Horried as an anniversary present. I have tried to put it on my android tablet, but cannot get any of the integrated videos to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jane

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Jane
    Just looked on the CSG web site on the books and media bit there is something about Hardanger for the Horrified on iPad. I don't understand all the technical bits but it mentions needing to download special software to be able to use all the content of this ebook on iPad. It does say Adobe reader on iPad will only read the pages and not let you view the video clips. Perhaps you need some extra software to let you do this on your tablet? Might be worth looking into (the software Jane mentioned was either free or £1.99) Hope this might be of some help.
    Jean

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. SallyH

Hi Jane, if you download the ezPDF reader app you should be able to get both text and video together. I found that it worked for me on my iPad?
    Good luck. Sally

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. hippojah

Thanks for posting. I'll have a look on the web site and see what I can find.

Thanks again

Jane

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

After looking at these posts ran Hardanger for the horrified on husbands desk top (use this if I want to print) looked at the video clips. Then ran on my lap top and the video clips were clearer on the lap top!! They were a bit "jumpy" on the desk top but lovely and clear on the lap top. Don't understand some of these things.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. MORTON

My android tablet works great with the downloaded ezpdf reader and was easy to download and simple to use x

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. I'm in agreement with the last contributor. I downloaded EzPDf reader from the Google Play store (£2.55 but you may find it cheaper elsewhere) then installed from the disk onto my laptop, copied the resulting file into my dropbox (there again, if you have things on your computer that you want kept safe Dropbox is brilliant - and simple to use)and then from Dropbox onto my Nexus 7. It takes a while, depending on the speed of your internet connection, but by that evening I was laying on my bed, with a glass of chilled rose wine listening to Jane's soothing tones and patting myself on the back for not getting it wrong.
    And as I said before, now I can see where I've been going wrong all these years! Videos were brilliant quality and you can change the text size to suit your eyesight. Brilliant!!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.