The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Surrey/Sussex/Hampshire stitchers

(7 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Tina Lamborn
  • Latest reply from Tina Lamborn

No tags yet.

1. Tina Lamborn

Hello, I live near Guildford in Surrey and wondered if there were any other members in the area? If so, if you would be interested in getting together sometime? I am happy to have a get together in my home, though could not cater for more than about eight. Equally happy to travel within this zone. Tina

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Tina
    I live in Bracknell in Berkshire and regularly get together with another member Fiona who lives in Surrey. We usually go to each others houses. I don't drive but can usually find a way to get to Fiona's house. We could probably find a way to meet up.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Tina Lamborn

Hi Jean, that would be great. Am away this weekend but maybe we could find a date to get together with Fiona too? Only day which I can't make is a Tuesday. I drive and am happy to meet wherever is easiest or you are both welcome to come to me. I live in Gt. Bookham, between Guildford and Leatherhead/Kingston. Whereabouts does Fiona live? Anyway, look forward to hearing from you.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Fiona Dunbar

Tina. I live in Frimley. It usually takes me around 40 mins to get to Great Bookham as we go to Polesden Lacey with the kids. I am happy to meet up but it may need to be in September now due to school holidays looming unless we do a weekend. Hope to meet up with you soon.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Tina Lamborn

Hello Fiona, I am about five minutes from Polesden Lacey. Continue along the A246 towards Bocketts Farm (if you have children you will know that!). We are last road on the right before the roundabout to Bocketts. I can make a weekend, as a retired but still busy housewife, mother, grand mother and all the other jobs that go with this! I will leave up to you when suits and if we can involve Jean too that would be great. Even if we met up for cup of tea we can still chat about our stitching! Look forward from hearing from you. Tina

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

I can make most times too. As I said I can usually get to Fiona's even if it means my husband dropping me off early in the morning on his way to work. Like you I am retired I took early retirement from teaching at the end of last year. New Head Teacher face didn't fit etc. My daughter, son in law and grandson live in Stockton on Tees so don't get to see them that often unless they come to stay. I expect to have daughter, grandson and "adopted" grand daughter (son in laws daughter from first marriage) for a week in the summer so as Fiona says it will probably be September before we can arrange to meet.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Tina Lamborn

Jean, no problems, I can fit in with you and Fiona. I used to have an Auntie who lived in Stockton on Tees. My Mum came from just outside Manchester and I was born in the same area. My original family came from the Sheffield area,(my Mum was divorced when I was a baby and remarried), but my Dad took his new wife and family and started a new life in Canada. I only found this out about six years ago and now I have extended family who I can visit in Canada. Look forward to meeting up with you and Fiona when we can. Tina

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.