The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

So proud of myself

(5 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Annie Hawksley
  • Latest reply from carly

No tags yet.

1. I got my Hardanger for the Horrified ebook yesterday, watched it through on my laptop and then decided to put it onto my Nexus. Well, it took a bit of time, what with uploading and then downloading......But I did it. And I'm so proud of myself. I laid on my bed yesterday evening with a glass of wine and Jane's soothing voice and I have almost convinced myself that I can do the Hardanger too.
    I think that where I went wrong before was that I started to learn from a book that recommended using 22 count hardanger fabric - and it was just too small. I read in Jane's tips that she uses 20 count Cork for new things, so I got some and now I find that I'm not compounding incompetence with eye strain!
    Well, that's it from my part of the world. Going to spray the dog with water AGAIN, the poor little man is nearly melting. Think I might spray myself while I'm at it, and fill up all the trays and saucers and things that are littering my garden.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Barbara Tobin

I can't praise the Horrified ebook enough. If you have never done hardanger before the videos make it so much easier to understand than trying to learn from a book. I have been doing cross stitch for many years but was never brave enough to try anything else. I am now on my third band sampler and haven't looked back and found learning all the new stitches (with the help of the ebook and Jane's Cross Stitch Bible) so enjoyable. So for anyone who like me is apprehensive about learning something new - go for it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Hello girls - so nice to read that you are both now feeling so much more confident with hardanger. I think we all feel like you when we first start it as - let's face it - to see a beautiful piece of hardanger work - you look at it and think 'I couldn't do that' because it looks as if it's been done by someone who's gone to a 'grown up' school of needlework!

What you need to think about now is the CSG weekend at Leicester in November - it would be lovely if you could come and show us all what you've achieved. We have a lovely time and it's just brilliant meeing up with people with the same interest.

Hope to see you there and in the meantime carry on with the good work - well done! Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Yes I really like the Hardanger for the Horrified book too. Must tell you though this is the girl who won a piece of Hardanger fabric in a magazine draw years ago and as it was a square made a cushion cover as her first Hardanger project!! At the time I was a member of a local stitch club and another member who did all sorts of embroidery leant me a simple pattern and gave help. Yes I did make mistakes and learnt how to reweave threads etc!!
    Love Hardanger now just finished last project started at Pinks earlier in the year with 2 Hardanger hearts.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. carly

That is something to be proud of Annie. I have had a similar moment this morning, finally managed to do a french knot after several years of trying. Woo hoo me! Going to tackle the hardanger aspect of the project from Jane's June class this morning. I must remember to count correctly and not be afraid of it!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.