The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Knitting and Stitching Show, Ally Pally

(4 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Sandra Harris
  • Latest reply from parddu
  1. Sandra Harris

Hi All,
    After a long time away from the forum it's lovely to be back. Firstly my husband was very ill ( much better now ) then mother-in-law passed away and then (horror of horrors) I couldn't remember my password or user name !!! Suddenly today I remembered how to access them so here I am.

Now that things are settling I feel I need to go to a show and do some retail therapy. So I've hired a coach ( well 2 actually) to go to Alexandra Palace on Sunday 13 October. I live in South Wales ( Pontypridd area ) and will pick up in Cardiff and Newport and posslbly along the M4 corrider. Seats are going very quickly (hence the second coach). If you'd like to join me you'd be made very welcome.

Best wishes
    Sandra

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. parddu

Oh Sandra I wish I could come with you but I'm in Carmarthen and have the horrible feeling that to get to you in time would involve leaving the house at stupid o'clock and I've done that once already this year (2 am to drive to Cardiff to catch a plane to Amsterdam!) None of the local coach firms seem to be running buses to Ally Pally which is sad and going on the rain is a non-starter as well. Boo hiss.
    Rosemary

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Sandra Harris

Rosemary, it will definitely be stupid o'clock from Carmarthen. I usually leave about 06:30 ish and get to Ally Pally about 11:00 ish. We arrive home about 21:00 hrs - a very long day but well worth it. The coach company that I use have a depot in LLansamlet, I think ( the old Diamond Coaches yard ). After running these trips for the past 8 years they have realised that there is a market for this kind of trip. I wonder if in future they will start running them and not me ( I don't mind as it can be quite stressful ). I'll be seeing one of the directors over the next week or two and I'll mention pick - ups in West Wales to them. I'll let you know what he says.
    Best wishes
    Sandra

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. parddu

Thanks Sandra. I can do stupid o'clock in a good cause and snoozing on the bus is always an option.
    Rossemary

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.