The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Sad news

(3 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

Anne pointed me to the CSG facebook page where Jane had announced the sad news that our dear Elin Davies has passed away. I thought our Welsh Twins would go on forever and ever. My heart goes out to Eirleys. I consider it a privilege to have met Elin. May she rest in peace.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Oh, just found this message Brigitte. Are these the two ladies who came with us to Germany together? I recall at the time that in the past someone said that they took it in turns to do the holidays - as one went away whilst the other looked after the dog, and then the next year they switched places. When we went to Germany the two came together as they had by then lost their dearly loved dog.

I feel sure it must be them. Oh how terribly sad for poor Eirleys. They were both delightful ladies, so gentle but full of fun.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

My thoughts and prayers go out to Eirleys. I had the honour to go on holiday with them both, and loved them both. They were both fantastic stitchers, and wherever we went on holiday, they would know where the best patchwork or stitching shops would be. They were both characters, and poor Eirleys will be lost without her beloved sister. May God be with them both.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.