The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

iStitch 2

(19 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Valerie
  1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I've just downloaded the upgrade from iStitch to iStitch2, but haven't played with it yet. It looks very different from the original program!

One word of caution - my machine uses Windows Vista and it was necessary to open iStitch
    "as Administrator" before the program would apply the update. So don't worry if you get a message about this, just do what it says!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Tinouche24

How do you do that? I tried to download it and you are right it came up with that but I don't know how to log in as administrator.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

From the iStitch FAQ:-

Exit the program and then click the icon with the RIGHT mouse button and choose "Run As Administrator" from the menu which pops up. This should allow you to update.

This is how it worked for me!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Tinouche24

Thank you. It worked first time!

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Jolly good!

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Hi Christine
    I think I am being thick here. If I get my husband to sign on as administrator will I get the link to update as every where I've looked I can't find a link to update my programme. It will have to be Jeff to do it as he has the administrator rights on the computer and I don't know his administrator password. I don't want to phone him at work and get him to talk me through things on the phone. Hope you can help.
    Thanks
    Jean

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Jean

You need to be logged on to the computer as Administrator, then open the iStitch program by right-clicking and choose Run as Administrator. When the program is open, you need to go to Help > Check for Updates and follow the instructions. Oh, you do need to have the internet available at this point, but I'm assuming that's not an issue?

If you try to download the updates WITHOUT having opened iStitch with "Run as Administrator" then it only gets so far with the process but it can't actually apply the updates because it hasn't got the authority. Hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

Christine

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

Thanks Christine it will make sense to Jeff if not completely to me I'm sure he will guide me through and no internet isn't a problem.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Jean Strange

Great down loaded updates in seconds with these instructions and husband signed on as administrator. Thanks Christine.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Glad you got it sorted, Jean :o)

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Thought it was sorted but seems not. Desk top set up as 2 user Jeff and me. iStitch on both don't know why. Jeff signed on as administrator on his bit did all the upgrades we checked it, then this morning when I tried to use it from my set up it told me I had no authority!! Jeff going to have another look later on.

Otherwise I might just have to sign on and use it on his desk top display.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Aren't these computer programmes fun? Hope you get it sorted out quickly Jean.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Cecilia

I've just upgraded to iStitch2. But now I can't find the charts that I created using the original programme? Has anyone else had this problem? Advice would be welcome.

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Cecilia

This has not been a problem for me - where were you saving your charts when you were using the original iStitch?

Alternatively, you could try doing a search on your computer for all files of type *.pt7

Christine

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Cecilia

Many thanks, Christine. My clever husband sorted it for me.

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Jolly good, I'm glad it got sorted!

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Rachel H

Where in the dickens do I find the free upgrade??!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Rachel

From post earlier in the thread:-

You need to be logged on to the computer as Administrator, then open the iStitch program by right-clicking and choose Run as Administrator. When the program is open, you need to go to Help > Check for Updates and follow the instructions. Oh, you do need to have the internet available at this point, but I'm assuming that's not an issue?

If you try to download the updates WITHOUT having opened iStitch with "Run as Administrator" then it only gets so far with the process but it can't actually apply the updates because it hasn't got the authority. Hope this makes sense.

Good luck!

Christine

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Valerie

It downloaded fine to my laptop, but now I think there is something missing down the left hand column ... I have the lasso etc, plus full cross and the 4 three-quarter crosses and the start of something underneath them , but can't get to it and don't know what else comes underneath that.. my laptop screen just doesn't seem to be deep enough .... also how can I add my own choosen DMC colours from the palette - I mean when you can go to the palette and add colours ... I can only see that I have to get rid of one of the shades already loaded and replace it with the choosen one, is that correct ...
    But very pleased to see that my own design are still there ! :)
    Valerie

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.