The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Appletons wool

(4 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Barbara Stone
  • Latest reply from Jane N

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

Have just been reading Brenda's information about the Scottish tapestry, and she noted that it is stitched in Appletons wool. Does anybody know of a decent supplier of this wool, and if so, could they let me have any addresses of shops who supply it? My sister started a project several years ago, and has been buying the wool as and when she needs it, but now her local supplier has closed down and she's asked me if I can help. So if anybody has any information I'd be glad to receive it. Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Su Maddocks

Hi Barbara, I have just leapt (well made a tiny jump actually) into Crewel work and had to get some Appletons wool. I found the very best place was Burford Needlework - ordered on line and it arrived the very next day ! Hope this helps.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Thanks Su, - I shall pass that info on to my sister, and as she's recovering from a small operation at the moment, she'll have plenty of time to order it, and get on with her project.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Jane N

Hi Barbara, the other place I've found for Appletons wool is Sew Exciting - http://www.sewexciting.com Might be hand for your sister, if only to do a quick price comparison :-) Love, J xxx

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.