The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

A Smile

(27 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Helen Hawkins-Ainsley

No tags yet.

1. Sandra Harris

OH DEAR !! I feel a big panic attack coming on. With so many of you wonderful people going to Ally Pally on Thursday will there be anything left for me on the Sunday? Why do I always choose the wrong day? No group hug for me but if I shut my eyes on Thursday at 2 p.m. and think of you all do you think you'll get my vibes ? On the other hand there are 77 ladies and 1 man ( not counting the 2 coach drivers ) going with me on the Sunday. Perhaps we could all do a group hug too. I have visions of the organisers wondering what on earth is happening around Jane's stand but that's the love we all share for each other and our hobby.
    I don't know about you lot but I'm getting so excited. I've given up on writing a list as everytime I write one I then change my mind and alter it. Think I'll go with an open mind and treat myself to something different that is of course if anything's left for me to buy!!!!!!!
    Lots of Love and happy shopping to you all.
    Sandra

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Helen, sorry we won't be seeing (and hugging) you at AP, but if you're going to be sent down to Bristol for a meeting, tell them its got to be sooner rather than later, cos otherwise I won't be here so we can have our meal out!!! Keep on stitching regardless, - I spent all evening finishing a strawberry, looked fine until I realised I'd done it in the wrong colour! Might decide to be original, cos I don't fancy unpicking it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Oh Barbara - how miserable for you to have stitched your strawberry in the wrong colour - we all do these sorts of silly things from time to time. Here's a little funny to cheer you up - happened just this lunchtime:

Pete, friend of ours bobbed round to see Geoff. Pete's a lovely bloke, bit of a hypochondriac so we always get his aches and pains.

Pete at the door, Geoff answers it:

Pete - Hello Geoff
    Geoff - Hello my mate, how are you?
    Pete - All right I think, but I've got this pain in the a-se
    Geoff Oh, you're not alone, I've got one of those - she's in the kitchen

Me - in the kitchen sniggering - 'Well that's you for bread and scrape this week mate!'

See you at Ally Pally. Love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Hi Barbara
    "Bristol" keeps coming to see me in Leeds, so I'm not sure I'll get to see you before you move - don't worry I'll let you know if I'm on my way to see you.
    I'd keep the strawberry as it is & be "original". I often "personalise", or is that just lazyness.

Brenda, you get worse. I'll ask Santa (via my mum) for a huggy jumper. As for the white van I think it's long over due living in the mad house that I do. I think Geoff should definitely be on bread & water for the forseable for being horrible to you.

Jane should have a camera at Ally Pally so get Bill to take a picture for the magazine
    I'll be sending you all a mental hug and wishing I was with you

Love, Helen

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

I'm not going to unpick the strawberry - its only one shade out, looks okay, and it will be an original.
    Brenda, I agree with Helen. Keep Geoff on bread and scrape for a remark like that!

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

That's me sorted for Ally Pally too - see you there!

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. I told Mick about the group hug & he said "does Jane know?"
    I said I don't think so - I'd love to see her face when you all turn up. Do you think there will be enough people to surround the stand?
    Hope someone gets a photo to go in the magazine

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.