The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Ally Pally

(14 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Wasn't it great to have such a nice 'meet up' at Ally Pally - big round of applause for Janet for thinking of the idea. (You notice the rest of we gormless bunch hadn't thought about suggesting it!) So, thank you Janet - big bunch of invisible roses on their way to you........!

I was back there again on Friday when it was absolutely packed out - that was the day the money got spent and I came home with lots of bits and bobs - in fact - everything on my list, so I was well chuffed about that. Had to go off to the railway for the weekend though so had no chance to play with said new items until I got home again. Agony.

Also of course we have the lovely photo taken with someone or other's camera. Tried to run off a copy on my printer yesterday only to be told my black and magenta cartridges are out of ink, so I shall have to do something about that.

Ah well, so what's next on the agenda - yes, Leicester of course. Have we got a mathematician out there who has counted the sleeps? - 'er wot lives Yorkshire way and has got chickens for friends and a husband with a bike is usually good on this one. Come on Helen - start counting those fingers gal. love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

24 sleeps to go to Leicester.

Or to put it another way - three weeks on Friday!

Really enjoyed Ally Pally, especially meeting up with everyone, but I don't think I would have had the stamina (or cash) to go back again the following day. Respect, Brenda!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. My thoughts exactly Christine, I enjoyed the day but was well shattered afterwards. Roll on Leicester. I will clean and vacuum the car in honour of the occasion - well maybe!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

How in heavens name did the time creep up that quickly? Last time I looked, it was months until Leicester!!!! Anyway, had a great time at AP, didn't spend too much money (what am I doing wrong?) and thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with everybody. Got my photo to remind me of the occasion. Look forward to seeing you all again 24 sleeps time.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

24 sleeps to Leicester - Oh boy - that means only 10 more sleeps till we climb on that A380 to Dubai and onwards...... :-) Have a great time in Leicester everyone. Not sure I will be thinking of you but I will try and remember.
    Have a good Christmas and see some of you in January.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Thanks Janet for picking up on my "anyone else going on Thursday? How about coffee?" it was much more fun getting in the way as a big group at the CSG stand. Great to see lots of people Fiona and I have not seen this year as have not been able to make weekends.
    Have a lovely time Janet and hope to see you in January.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. annew

A really happy fun day. Went home with a big smile and a bag of goodies.
    Brilliant idea Janet, thanks.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Hi

Brenda I've hardly thought about Leicester - too much on at work
    Christine, 24 sleeps sounds much better than 3 weeks Friday

Would love see to the photo of the group hug

See you all soon

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

23 sleeps now.

Have forwarded copy of picture to you by email.

C xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Brigitte Gant

It was great to meet up with you all. It seemed like we had never been apart. I am looking forward to a week in Winchcombe with a few of my local needlecraft mates as from this Saturday. Got the essential sorted. Stitching stuff and some red and liquid in a box.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

"Red liquid in a box"

Ink? Tomato ketchup?? Beetroot juice???

;o)

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Come off it Mrs. Berrett - are you trying to make us think you are just sooo innocent? (when you know darn well she's talking of the red drinking stuff that makes you fall over - well, I haven't actually seen you fall over yet, but there's still time.....)

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

The last time I fell over, I was stone cold sober. Broke my glasses and gave myself two black eyes. They say you relax if you fall when intoxicated, so maybe I'd have been better if I HAD had a drink!

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

Know the feeling Christine. I think quite a few of our holiday group can remember the time I fell off one step in a hotel in Bruges, and ended up on the floor spitting out five front teeth!! Okay I'd had a drink or two, but I wasn't too intoxicated, so I think we ought to have had the second bottle, and then maybe I wouldn't have done myself so much damage.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.