The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

A bit like déja vue

(14 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

My beautiful girl was rushed into hospital on Friday afternoon. On everyone's insistence I left for Winchcombe as planned on Saturday. However, as the news after the emergency surgery was not good I got back home yesterday morning. All travels next month cancelled. Saw her last night when she had just been moved from HDU to normal post op ward. She is so brave. So as of now it is back to where we were last year in October. We are all so very worried.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Oh Brigitte, I'm so sorry for her and for you. All our thoughts are with you at this sad time. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a satisfactory result. Please keep us up to date with her progress.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Brigitte - thinking of you and especially of your daughter and hoping for a happy outcome xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. annew

Dear Brigitte what a dreadful worry for you. Will have everything crossed and
    wish your daughter a speedy recovery. xxx

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. So sorry to read your news Brigitte - hope all goes well. Keep us in touch with how things go along. Big comforting hugs and love. Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. SallyH

So sorry Brigitte. Thinking of you and your daughter and hope that you soon have good news.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. carly

Oh Brigitte, I do hope your daughter gets well soon. Thinking of you and your daughter! x

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

It borders on a miracle, but my daughter was discharged from hospital yesterday. It was only the fact that her heart was so strong and fit from the regular running regime that she pulled through, so now she can recover at home. Between my son-in-law and me we are managing boys and household well again - it seems like we never stopped. DH has taken over our kitchen again, so I don't have to worry about our dinners in the evening.
    Thank you for your kind words.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Great news Brigitte. Glad to hear it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Jean Strange

So pleased to hear your positive news. Hope your daughter recovers well at home.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Brigitte Gant

Thank you, girls. Got most of the day to do my chores and errands as Skip is home and Echelle's father has come up from Norfolk. She is so brave and positive and never complains or whinges. The horrible truth is, if there - and with Crohn's it is more like when - are any further problems, it will be fatal. I cannot bear to think of it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Ann S

Oh, Brigitte, what an awful fear to have to live with, I do feel for you. Prayers continue.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Brigitte - don't know how to say what I feel except - thinking of you all at this time and always xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Barbara Stone

Think positive Brigitte - its not always the outcome. There are always miracles that happen in the medical world, as I well know, so lets hope that our prayers will be answered in your case. All love, and our thoughts are with you now and in the future. xx

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.