The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Dragonfly Garden Hussif

(4 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Barbara Tobin
  • Latest reply from Barbara Tobin

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Tobin

Hi everyone
    I am just about to start stitching the hussif but I have read the instructions several times and I can't see where it says how far down the fabric to start stitching. I know it is usual to start stitching in the centre but not sure if in this case that is best. Also if anyone who has stitched this already has any additional advice it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Barbara

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Tina Lamborn

Hi Barbara, I have stitched the hussif and it is really easy to stitch. I started at the top of the linen, leaving about an inch, but think I counted down to make sure that would work, so that I didn't run out of fabric at the bottom. Hope you enjoy the finished needlecase, pin cushion and watbo as much as I do. Good luck, Tina

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Hi Barbara
    My piece of linen for the needlefold is 18 inches long one end had a selvedge I started my stiching 1 1/2 inches down including the selvedge. You need at least 25 threads to be able to do the folded hem after the stitching. The first cross stitch on the top row I did 3 inches in from the edge.
    Hope this might help.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Barbara Tobin

Thanks Tina and Jean for your advice. That will help me to get started now. It is such a lovely project and one I think I will only stitch once so I want to get it right.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.