The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Madeira metallics - help please

(4 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Carol
  • Latest reply from Auntie Beryl

Tags:

1. Carol

I have a kit which says use 2 and 4 threads of a Madeira metallic. But I am finding it very difficult to separate the threads out. Any advice on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Barbara Tobin

I can't be much help as I don't get on very well with metallic threads myself but in the CSG Studio in the Members Reading there is a section on Tips for Stitching with Blending Filament and Metallic Thread so I don't know if that is any help. I always find when I sew with it I waste more than I use and sometimes substitute it for another thread.
    Sorry I can't offer any useful advice.
    Good luck
    Barbara

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Carol

Thanks for that I will have a look. I agree it is the worst of threads to deal with so I may make it a non sparkly Christmas decoration.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Auntie Beryl

I always use Coats Reflecta . It is much easier to use than Kreinik. If you just want a shiny thread , for example , a candle stick , try Anchor Marlitt .It is very "silky" to use but the strands are easy to separate. Unfortunately they are difficult to find in Craft Shops . I get mine by Mail Order . I will take some to Leicester if you want "try before you buy".

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.