The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leicester!

(23 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Janet Nicholl

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh No! And I was going to sit at your table and everything......

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Janet Nicholl

Going to miss you lot and all the chat. Hope you have a good weekend. Don't forget to post some pics of the project for those of us unable to attend.
    We are off into smelly Rotorua for the day. Staying 2 nights at a beautiful site by the Blue Lake, out of town, where the air is clear and clean!! Mind you it has been a very wet couple of days and nights but forecast to get better, temperature a bit better than the UK though.
    Hope your nasturtiums didn't get drowned before you hoofed them out and replaced them Brenda. Some thanks to be thrown on the compost after giving their all for your beautiful garden! XX :-) :-)
    Janet

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Wasn't Leicester brilliant??? I know I had a lovely time, seeing all you lot again. Thanks for making it so nice everybody, but an even bigger thanks to Jane for all she does for us, and for those who weren't able to be there, we missed you.
    Hope Janet is enjoying herself in Rotorua. If you get a chance Janet, go the animal park after dark, and see the Kiwi's in their enclosure, but at the time when they are active. Hope you remembered the peg to put on your nose!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Janet Nicholl

Hi Barbara
    We did go to Rainbow Springs and did see 2 baby Kiwis and also an adult in their night lit enclosure but didn't go back in the evening as we were staying on a site away from the town centre at Blue Lake and ran out of "go" as it had been a bit hectic up to then!
    One of the places we stayed did have a night walk to see Kiwis in the wild but it was fully booked and we only stayed the one night.
    Maybe we will get another chance but at least we did see one (and the 2 babies) even if it was behind glass in infra red lighting!
    Glad to see you all had a good weekend in Leicester, was there in spirit.
    XX J

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.