The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

What a great weekend!

(9 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Rita Barron

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Having posted my "weekend poem", this is just to say, what a great weekend I had. Lovely people, excellent food, great hotel etc. The expletives could continue!! My "new best friend" Brenda M proved a great companion at the table and I'm not going to mention ice cream, puddings, or anything else controversial!!!!

Looking forward to the next one, wherever it may be!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. That says it all Rachel and love the poem

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. martingale

I still haven't come down to planet earth yet after the weekend. Thank you all, ladies, for making me feel so welcome. I honestly can't wait for the next one.

I hope you all got home safely and have got on with all your beautiful projects. I have to say, I am so inspired by all of the lovely work I saw at the bring and brag. On Sunday night, all of my UFOs came out of the box and I am determined to get at least a couple of them finished before I see you all again.

Nancy xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Hello All,

Not quite back down to earth yet -(although I should be as I've been gardening all day today - nose to the ground and bum in the air).

The weekend was great - and Rachel - why not mention the names of the Phantom Ice Cream Pinchers? I tell you, next time I'm going nowhere near a dining table with Linda and Phyllis on it! Phyllis especially! - picture of innocence despite her mature years......

Loved the poem - you should send it to Jane, she might put it in an Itch to Stitch(or alternatively - the bin)

Nice to meet the new ladies. I find myself thawing slightly to Nancy now and don't hate her quite so much for being young/slim/able to stitch on 18 count and with glorious (natural) auburn hair. Oh yes, - she can knit as well, yer - well, so can I so there. You give me any pattern and I can follow it (you are supposed to be reading all this with a petulant tone of voice) - I only differ on the knitting front by one point - anything I make looks like it's been ordered from Marquees 'R' Us........

Here's to the next weekend! Love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Rachel H

I too quite warmed to Nancy! Despite everything she's got going for her!! So pleased you enjoyed the weekend nancy and look forward to seeing you at the next one.

Regarding ice cream etc...., mmmm Phyllis the Fearless, I say, when it comes to puddings and ice cream! I couldn't eat a thing most of Monday, I was so full of 3 days of food!!!

Perhaps we should have a bring and brag knit thing, Brenda and we could swap marquees! Alternatively I could bring my Demis Roussos LPs (oh yes I have!). In case you're lost .... Demi's Roussos = the singing tent! Or maybe you are all too young to remember him!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Got back from the weekend on Sunday and then had to spend a couple of hours clearing up because the house looked like a tip!!! (The husband hadn't been in very much all weekend)so no stitching was done that night. Since then I've been making a pantomime dress, but now I'm stuck until I can get some contrasting material for the collar. So tonight, I might be able to get some stitching or knitting done.
    Had a great time at the hotel meeting old friends and making new ones.
    Got Janes stitching day to look forward to at the beginning of December, and then nothing until Jane puts up some more dates on the website. I'm suffering withdrawal symptons already! So until the next time, take care everybody, and see you sometime.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Oooh Rachel! - loved 'Phyllis the Fearless' - really made me chortle. We must remember to tell her when we next see her.

Demis Roussos - hmm. Sadly yes, I am old enough to remember him...... in fact I'm that old I probably went to school with him....

Been sitting this afternoon for a short time scratching my head and holding a bit of graph paper and pencil (yes, I still work in old money). I'm using my tin for a design to incorporate the Ackworth School project, so it needs a bit of jiggery-pokery to make things fit. I'll get there in time, I love fiddling with stuff like this. A bit of therapy after the shop round Asda this morning; their music drove me up the wall today. They used to have a suggestion box and every week I filled in a bit of paper that said 'turn the music down'. They got so fed up with my little messages they took the box away. Spoilt my fun. Love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Excellent weekend, as ever.

I now want to have some weekend dates published for next year to give me something to look forward to!

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Rita Barron

Hear, hear Christine! I would dearly love to go to another weekend later next year if family and work commitments allow! Would be nice to have something to help get through the winter!!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.