The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

hi, are you all out there?

(12 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Pam D
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Pam D

Hi, I am a bit surprised at how quiet you have all gone! It seems to me you must all be furiously trying to finish off a project as a Christmas gift. I can visualize the flashing of gold needles as you rush along!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Janet Nicholl

Not me!! :-)
    Busy doing lots of other exciting things.....
    One small project stitched and another started, both to be "finished" when we get home.
    Off to see the Royal Albatross colony south of Dunedin tomorrow morning and, hopefully, yellow eyed penguins.
    Hope everyone going to Pinks at the w/e has a great time.
    Happy Christmas and a Healthy New Year to all my stitching friends.
    XXX Janet

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Busy making Christmas ornaments, in my case!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Likewise Christine. Have done all stitching and beading on Jane's Hardanger Christmas Biscornu. Also a Just Nan biscornu just need to bead the "Over the Top" tin that goes with it then a massive making up session.

Hope you have a good time over Christmas Janet.

Off to France for the day tomorrow to stock up on wine etc. for Christmas. Out with stitching group for meal tomorrow evening, then a lovely day at Janes's on Saturday.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Pam D

Hi, Janet were the Royal Albatross beautiful? What fantastic birds they must be to see. Jean, hope the trip to France goes well. Its Market day in Calais tomorrow and Le Chanel is wonderful for lunch! Right, back to the UFO list.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

Visit to doctor's with daughter. Scar has been feeling sore, so wanted to have it checked out, as last time the soreness was an abscess that needed another op. I am worried out of my mind as soon as I see my daughter's name on the display of the phone. Trying to get Christmas cards stitched but my heart is not really in it this year.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Janet Nicholl

It's the time of year for the albatross to take it in turn to incubate the egg - 80 day incubation. We saw 3 nests from the viewing gallery and all had sitting birds but unfortunately we didn't see any in flight. Even so they are magnificent just sitting there patiently. Will put a picture on FB later. We then went to see yellow eyed penguins. Not a good year, many nests abandoned (this is on private land where they are not getting disturbed) but did get a few photos, again will post later.
    Pity we can't put pictures on here.

Once again I hope all of you have a good weekend at Jane's whichever day you are going.
    XX J

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Jean Strange

Janet trip sounds fantastic as I don't do FB please can I see photos when I see you next?

Pam didn't get to Calais market, delays to shuttle service due to unexpected tunnel inspection!! Managed Calais Wine Wharehouse for wine order and lunch at Cite Europe in fav restaurant La Parrisiene.

Stuck in traffic due to accident in road work section of motorway on way home Jeff took me straight to stitching club Christmas meal didn't even have time to come home and get changed!!

Fiona coming today for a stitch and chat day.

Hope to see lots of people and catch up on Saturday at Janes.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Brigitte Gant

I was so overwhelmed by the photos, Janet. I will have to set aside a relaxing hour or so to read up on it all. Thank you for letting us partake. Fantastic.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Janet Nicholl

Hi Jean
    I have a couple of friends who don't do face book but it seems the easiest way for those friends who asked to follow our trip to see a few photos. The beauty of Face book is you can delete or ignore (or even un friend) anything you get fed up with seeing!
    I will have photos on my iPad and of course you are welcome to see them.
    I still have Sunday 26th Jan pencilled in as a WIP & UFO day so weather permitting maybe will see you then?
    Have a good Christmas! XX J

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. junefromak

Janet, Finally worked out my password to this forum. Sent a FB message to your other folder.
    June Lane

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

Hi Janet
    I know FB can be OK but it caused so many problems when I was teaching with inappropriate material and comments being posted that I steered clear of it.
    Hope to be able to make it on 26th January.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.