The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Wishing you all a Happy New Year

(11 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Tinouche24
  • Latest reply from Ann S

No tags yet.

1. Tinouche24

Hope you all have a very happy and prosperous new year with plenty of time to stitch.

I shall have my usual new years resolution of completing my ufo's (I have at least 15). This will usually last until either I have an emergency gift stitch or I see something that just takes my eye and I have to start it straight away!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. parddu

Happy New Year to everyone. I want to finish a new piece to hang on the wall of my new living room before Easter and to get some of my many UFOs completed.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Rita Barron

Happy New year everyone!! Wishing you all good health and happy stitching in 2014!!
    I feel very comforted as I have counted and have twelve ufo's in my cupboard and thought it was only me with that problem!! Seems I am not alone so perhaps not a problem after all!! Of course they are waiting for me to retire when they will all be finished once time allows!! So now I can begin that new kit I ordered from Jane- the sampler pochette- and not feel in the slightest bit guilty!! What a wonderful start to the new year!!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Su Maddocks

Hi Rita - don't be fooled into thinking you'll get more UFOs finished once you retire - I found I had more time to get excited about new things and now have 17 UFO's because instead of just counted thread WIPs I have ones in Crewel and Stumpwork as well !!Anyway have a super 2014 everyone and thanks to all of you ( over 50 so far) who have signed up for the Friendship squares - more info very soon !

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh Su, that's SOOOOO true! When you retire, you quickly start to wonder how you ever found time to go out to work.

And whilst it's true that I'm doing much more stitching now, what that means in reality is that I have even more WIPs and UFOs to my name...

C x

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Hi Rita, don't you believe that you'll have more time when you retire!!! I left work at the end of August, - since then I've not had time to draw breath, let alone do any extra stitching (making pantomime costumes doesn't count as stitching), and until the end of the pantomime in February, I don't think I'm going to have any time to stitch what I want to, and if we find a house we can move into, I'm going to have even less! Anyway, Happy New Year to everybody, and hope that the awful weather we're having isn't impacting too much on people.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Pam D

Happy New Year. I try to do a ufo between new projects, in this way I feel quite virtuous. Retirement. - my goodness I have never had so much to do.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

Happy new year to you all. I have been retired for 5 years and seem to have less and less time. So I am thinking of ways to save time.
    1. Ignore dust
    2. Put down phone without words of explanation to unsolicited sales calls
    3. Don't look for things that are not lost, just mislaid. They will turn up when you look for something else.
    4. Don't iron the duvet covers

I am hoping to come across more. And the time I save will be spent on what I enjoy. (if the family let's me)

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Rita Barron

Oh me oh my looks like retirement will be as busy!!
    With that in mind I have been tidying cupboards today and have put ufo's neatly in one big bag so it doesn't look too bad now!!
    Brigitte I love your time saving ideas! It's also a good idea Pam to do a ufo in between projects! Might try that as a new year resolution?!!
    Happy stitching everyone!! xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Rachel H

happy new year to everyone! I am Seriously Thinking of Retiring (again!!) at the end of April just before my 65th birthday! Now I'm not so sure! Work is looking better after reading all your comments!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Ann S

Rachel, don't delay your retirement; enjoy more time to yourself while you can and before decrepitude makes its unwelcome presence felt and restricts you. I retired 14 years ago (at 57); it's true that it was no time at all before I was saying 'I don't know how I found time..... (etc,etc) but that was because a) fearful of being at a loose end, I took on too much and b) once I had calmed down I learnt that real happiness came more from doing fewer things, but doing them slowly and meaningfully and I wouldn't want to return to being too busy to 'sit and stare'

Best wishes,whatever you decide to do!!!

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.