The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Wet Wet Wet

(7 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Brigitte Gant
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

No, not the pop group, just the weather.
    I do hope you are all managing to keep dry. Those pictures on the news are just awful. We only got a little puddle in the cellar. My heart goes out to all those whose houses are submerged in filthy water.

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. parddu

The prevailing wind has moved round from due west to south west and this has meant that I now have a permanent lake in my kitchen every time it rains, which it has done far too frequently of late. I shall be glad to move out on Monday.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Tina Lamborn

So sorry for all of you affected by the bad weather, we are so fortunate that we live high up, but the lower part of the village has been severely flooded and we have branches and downed trees to contend with when travelling. So nothing much to do but try and keep warm and dry and stitch.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Same as in Bristol - we're okay cos we're at the top of the highest part of Bristol, but the people near the rivers are suffering lots. The river and canal at Keynsham have joined up again, and the fields have flooded to the highest level that has been seen since 1960 when the bridge was washed away. When is it ever going to stop raining? Hope everybody is safe and keeping dry.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Like wise here in Berkshire. We are on a hill so are OK. Jeff decided on Saturday that we would go to Windsor Farm Shop (on the Windsor Castle Estate) the route we normally go was flooded, roads passable with care, but some of the mansion type houses were within 1 inch of the water flowing through the front doors. The postman was wading through water 6 inches plus deep to deliver to these houses.
    We have also been suffering high winds it rattles our letter box as if someone is knocking all the time to come in!!
    Jeff's shooting was cancelled at the weekend as all the land on the farm was flooded. Doesn't look good for this week either.
    Hope everyone is keeping safe.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Rachel H

We seem to be very lucky here in the middle of East Anglia. I think the East Anglia coastline has taken a bit of a pounding. Added to which living in the town centre is always more sheltered. But I feel so sorry for people who have been flooded (some more than once). It happened to me at home once a long time ago and it was just awful. The smell, the mess. I can still remember it and it must be at least 40 years ago.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Jean Strange

Barbara I remember the bridge in Keynsham being washed away. My uncle, who lives in Keynsham, was at that time a "retained" fireman and was out helping people get out of their flooded houses.
    The sun is actually shining at the moment but I don't think it will last long had two very heavy storms earlier today.

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.