The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Able Stretcher 20" Needlework Frame by Viking Loom

(10 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Michelle Gladwish
  • Latest reply from carly

No tags yet.

1. Hello All

I hope no-one minds me popping this on here but thought I would offer it to all my Guild friends before popping it on E-bay.

When I went to the Harrogate show in November, I purchased the Able Stretcher 20" Needlework Frame by Viking Loom which is an adjustable plastic frame which forms squares and rectangles and is suitable for most fabrics. The frame can be made smaller or larger by moving the corner pegs into holes in the sides of the frame. The fabric is held in place with plastic clips on all sides. Suitable for all needlework projects including tapestry and canvaswork and crewel work. The one I have for trade is the largest one they do which is 20"

I have to say it does give the best tension and holds your fabric really taught (in fact we did bounce a penny off it to see how taught it really is and it did work the penny bounced) but I cannot get on with it and prefer the old fashioned wooden roller ones. It does come with the original box and has been neatly packaged back into it.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and I am sure we can sort something out.

Thanks Michelle

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Brigitte Gant

I am sure someone will snap it up. I very rarely use a frame, as I find it tires my hand rather quickly.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Thanks Brigette - I never used to use a frame but have noticed lately that holding my fabric seems to hurt my hands after a while. Went to the GP who said it could be the start of arthritis. So I bought a stitching stand and frames and haven't looked back.

Michelle x

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. carly

hi Michelle,

I am interested in the frame. Do you have a price in mind?

Carly

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Michelle and Carley - if you would like a private conversation about this, I can pass your email addresses to each other outside the forum. Just let me know.

Christine

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Hello Christine - sorry I didn't realise I perhaps shouldnt be posting items for sale - yes please let me have Carlys e-mail address and I will contact her direct.

Thanks Michelle

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Michelle - it's not a problem at all offering items for sale, but I feel that the details are better negotiated privately between the two of you.

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. No problem Christine - I understand.

Carly have e-mailed you - regards Michelle

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Hello Carly - I did e-mail you but haven't heard back from you and I am sorry but someone at the Cross Stitch club I attend purchased it from me.

Regards Michelle

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. carly

That's ok, Michelle. Its been a pretty manic week. I saw your email but have not had time to rely to it. I'm pleased that someone has managed to buy it off you.
    Carly

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.