The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Jane's Journal

(40 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Barbara Tobin
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Brigitte Gant

Thanks to the info given in this thread I managed to view the pictures, but had to go via Google Chrome, too. This is the first time that my usual setting did not allow me to see the pics in Jane's journal. Wonder if she put them in using a different method?
    I certainly have not reset anything on my laptop - would not know how to, anyway.
    It must have been a lovely trip. Dead jealous of those who could go. But my pennies don't stretch to those trips.
    That makes me think, is the Christmas trip in Malcolm's coach still on?

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Janet L

Hi folks. Thanks for the tip to go through google chrome to access the photos. Would not have known how to access them otherwise. Normally use internet explorer so I presume she is loading them differently.

the holiday looked fab. And it is the best hotel in the world.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

Brigitte, although Jane knows how many people want to go on the trip, nothing has been decided yet, but I was under the impression that dates were being settled and an announcement was going to be made when she got back from Norway. Hope so cos I need to have something to look forward to.
    She must be using a different system now to load the photos. Wish she'd told us before we all got into difficulties trying to see them.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I don't suppose she had any idea that some people would have difficulties viewing the pictues...

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Jeff says there are lots of sites having trouble with internet explorer at present. He couldn't register a card he wanted to yesterday kept comimg back with error but wouldn't tell him what the error was!! Jane may not in fact be doing anything different. Anyway at least we now know we can still view all the lovely pictures even if it is through a diiferent intenet programme.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

I still can't see them through the computer, and we're having difficulty downloading Chrome, but I can see them on the ipad, so don't think I'll bother with trying to do anything on the computer. Look good don't they. I'm so jealous of the people who went. Hope they all had a lovely time. I expect any day now, we'll get details from the people who went, gloating about the good time they had. Grrrr!

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Haven't been on the website for a bit - but now I'm here, I too haven't got pictures.

My first day in three weeks for being without builders - Yay!!! Don't get me wrong they have been lovely blokes, but oh dear it can be quite difficult to cope with bodies in the house who don't normally feature in your life!

Instead of just a downstairs loo I now have a downstairs loo cum utility room. Looks like something you'd see in a hospital theatre at the moment - all bright lights, bright white, functional, but a bit non-welcoming. I need to go on the hunt for some sort of pretty wallpaper to give a softer effect.

It has to be said the room needed decorating anyway. I can recall roughly the last time it was done. I was at work and when describing the wallpaper I was putting up one of the girls said 'bring a bit in so's we can see it'; which I did. Now that must've been some 18 years ago! - my God! - what a long time to have lived with mucky paper on the walls; I feel ashamed of myself.

Am now in clearing up mode to get rid of all the dust. Spent a day towards the end of last week with all the furniture being shoved about whilst I washed down the UPVC frames in the conservatory, then cleaned the glass windows, then wahed round the skirting boards, hoovered all round and then shoved the furniture back. Have done the living room and dining room this morning.

It feels wonderful to have everything nice and clean again. Might even be able to get back to a bit of stitching!! I must go and get my stitching mug out of its hiding placetoo. I left Geoff as acting-tea-lady Tuesday week ago whilst I was at the RSPCA and came home later in the day to find this big butch builder, smothered in brick dust, hammer in one hand, bum hanging out of his trousers holding a mug which prolaimed "I'd Rather Be Doing Cross-stitch" - immediately tickled my sense of humour - BUT - my precious mug - my absolute favourite mug - in the hand of someone who had a hammer in his other hand!! Geoff was in serious trouble I tell you. Mind you, he had drawn the short straw that day as there were 5 men in the house all wanting tea every hour on the hour - as he said he just run out of mugs! I washed it and hid it after that....

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

I know the feeling Brenda. Tonight, for the first time, in over a week, I don't have to go and show people to their seats, or be on call, sewing needle in hand, to repair costumes for the little darlings. I can sit and watch television, or even do some sewing on my friendship square.

Also dear, I'd like to know what theatres you've seen, that are white, have bright lights and are functional. None of the ones I've ever worked in have been like that! They've all had funny little corners that are an absolute so and so to clean!

Anyway, Its nice to know that you're back with us - we've missed you.

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Barbara! - hello love - now something has just occurred to me - these pantos of yours - by the time you've spent a few days undertaking your front of house roles - you probably know all the 'lines' of everybody on stage. Just think! - if anyone ever goes off unwell you would be a perfect person to be their under-study! Any panto I can think of has a goodie, a baddie, two clownlike idiots, fairy godmother, a bloke who likes dressing up in tights and a servant wench who shouldn't be looking at his tights - you can do all of that - except maybe the bloke with the tights - you're not tall enough and you wouldn't have in your tights wot he's got in his........... Love, Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Pat G

This will be a shock me going into print. Helen we had an absolutely brilliant time and would go back tomorrow. You were quite right I am holding my latest project - one of my best I think. Once you see it you will agree. [good job you know I am joking!!!]
    Brenda I now have this picture in my mind of a big butch builder sitting stitching in your conservatory and drinking tea from your stitching mug. xx

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

Brenda, hush!! I'm doing my level best to keep the fact that I do know most of the panto off by heart, a secret, so that in the event of somebody not turning up, they won't ask me. I saw 10 complete performances of the thing, including dress rehearsals, and I reckon I could even do some of the dances they were doing. However, there was no way on earth I would take the Dames part - the dresses wouldn't fit for a start, and as you say, I don't have in my tights what he's got in his. Good fun, but glad its all over now, apart from trying to get all the costumes dry, after I had to wash them all. I can now start looking for another house again. Wish me luck!

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Brenda, hush!! I'm doing my level best to keep the fact that I do know most of the panto off by heart, a secret, so that in the event of somebody not turning up, they won't ask me. I saw 10 complete performances of the thing, including dress rehearsals, and I reckon I could even do some of the dances they were doing. However, there was no way on earth I would take the Dames part - the dresses wouldn't fit for a start, and as you say, I don't have in my tights what he's got in his. Good fun, but glad its all over apart from trying to get all the costumes dry, after I had to wash them all.

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

Oooops.how did that appear twice? Sorry

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. It appeared twice 'cos you're a dear little clever clogs who just happened to touch the button twice.

Oooh yes, the washing of costumes - I'd love to see your washing line when they're all pegged out. A neighbour of mine did a 'double-take' once when I had the Severn Valley Railway Christmas washing on my line several years ago - 24 beards, 24 wigs and 24 red outfits!. Dunno how she explained that to her children (as they were child-age at that time) - because - as we all know - there is only one Santa!

Anyway - back to the house-hunting now for you my girl - how on earth did you find time to go to work.... Love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Barbara Stone

Work!! What's that Brenda? Gave that up when I stopped going to the place where I got hassle every day! Seriously though, I can now sympathise with everybody who said they don't know how they found time to go to work cos its true. Since I've left work, I've been busier than ever. I'm just about finding time to sit down and relax now. Oh well, better go and do the washing!

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Jean Strange

Hi everyone
    Well here we go again!!
    Just signed in to Jane's Journal and I can see all the lovely photos of the new project they came up instantly!! Still can't see the photos from Norway on desk top though!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Fabulous looking project, isn't it!

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Rita Barron

Absolutely beautiful Christine! Hardanger and green both my favourites!! I definitely feel a spend approaching!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Jean Strange

Quite agree Rita. Might have to ring and reserve one for Pinks day on 2nd March or for Swindon.

Posted 10 years ago #
  20. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

More pictures of this gorgeous project on Jane's Journal...

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.