The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Swindon 2014

(18 posts)
  • Started 10 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hands up everyone going to Swindon in April...

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Brigitte Gant

Guess which one I held up?

I am really looking forward to that weekend. I revisited the place of my first ever CSG Stitch day today for my great nephew's Naming Day Ceremony. It was held at the Milton Keynes Hilton, Kents Hill. My French friend Chantal took me there. Little did she know what a can of worms she opened for me. I clearly remember that the hotel had forgotten about the coffee and cake in the afternoon and rolled out still half frozen jam doughnuts. Jane was not impressed. I did not know anybody then and often wonder if I know some of you now who were there all those years ago.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Barbara Stone

I'm really looking forward to going, as I'll be celebrating there with all my friends. Can't wait, but looking forward makes me realise that the year is going so fast again. Just wish we could slow down time so we have more time for stitching. Look forward to seeing everybody there.

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Carol

I am really looking forward to it. The last time I went was around 10 years ago. I wonder if anyone from the Cheltenham area would like to share transport. If so please let me know. I would appreciate the company.

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Ann S

I'm going for the whole weekend plus the Sunday night and daughter, Emma, is joining us for the Sunday stitching day. It will be my first of Jane's weekends although I met lots of you on the French holiday last April and again at the Christmas stitching day at Pinks. Really looking forward to it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Janet Nicholl

I am coming to Swindon. Unfortunately Angela can't make it this year but I will be giving Lynden a lift down and back. Staying Sunday night.
    I will ask Jane if it's OK for me to bring some honey for sale - as I did at Pinks there would be a 50p donation to the CSG charity for each jar sold.
    X Janet

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yey! Janet's hunny is very jummy :o)

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. I'll be there, but have to come home on Sunday that nasty 4 letter word beckons on the Monday

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Jean and I will be there, not staying Sunday night though, school Easter holidays and I will be looking after grandchildren on the Monday. For those that remember Jean's very first x-stitch, a beautiful elephant picture - well she has done another one and is bringing it to Swindon if I have anything to do with it, won't let her in the car without it.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

60 sleeps to go, and counting!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

59 now|

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

I am coming to Swidon although Fiona can't come as she will be in Australia visiting her husbands family. Not staying Sunday though.
    Working out how I will get there. At moment husband is offering to drive me there on Friday and collect me on Sunday. Might investigate trains there but get him to bring me home. Sure to have a bit of extra luggage!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Fiona Dunbar

H

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Fiona Dunbar

Hi ladies. Really sorry I will miss you all this year at Swindon. Just got to visit hubbys family in Australia ! Family party beckons ! I will be there in spirit , just not body ! Im sorry I will miss you all but hope to have a " stitch and bitch " session later on in the year with you all ! Swindon v Melbourne = No contest !!

Posted 10 years ago #
  16. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

54 sleeps to go...

Posted 10 years ago #
  17. Rachel H

Me! Me! Me! Looking forward to it! I'm staying the Sunday as dint fancy driving back to Suffolk on Sunday night!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  18. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Only 37 sleeps to go now.

Posted 10 years ago #
  19. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Anyone going to Swindon who has completed their Friendship Square, I will collect it from you there to save on the postage, if you prefer.

Christine

PS. 34 sleeps to go...

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.