The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Swindon 2014

(15 posts)

No tags yet.

1. Carol

I will come clean. I do not actually have a tiara! But I suspect that Rachel does not have a ra-ra skirt either and her excuse that it has a stain down the front may actually not be true!!!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. Rachel H

Okay. It shrunk in the wash!! But I actually do have a tiara!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

No, Rachel, you have a MASERATI.

Please don't confuse your car with a tiara!

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. Carol

Ooh I am so impressed. I want one now or going one better a crown. Now are there any spare crown princes around?

Posted 10 years ago #
  5. Brigitte Gant

Why don't you google 'Wannabe-Kings-in-Germany'? I am sure one or the other has a spare crown in the safe. Whenever I am at my Mum's the magazines are full of stories about some obscure descendant of the defunct royal families. Go for a really old one, Carol, he might kick the bucket soon and then the crown would be all yours.

Posted 10 years ago #
  6. Carol

Good idea I don't want to have to put up with him for too long so old and infirm it will have to be.

Posted 10 years ago #
  7. Rachel H

The following are available on Ebay:

1 x Crown Prince (unopened, elderly, rich)
    1 x Semi-crown Prince (playboy, quite rich, but spends a lot on himself)
    1 x deposed King (to be avoided at all costs, as full of self-pity, no money and has a chip on his shoulder (not the potato variety)
    1 x Crown Prince with a few odd foibles (probably best avoided too)

Posted 10 years ago #
  8. Anybody reading this codswallop who have recently joined the Guild might seriously be considering cancelling their membership! No, really we are not bonkers.

Didn't we have a great weekend at Swindon. I am only just coming back down to earth and have gained serious lines round my eyes with all the laughing. The most delightful picture in my mind is that of dearest Barbara craning her neck over to our table when we were in hysterics as we talked about Ladies Parts and things that go on there. A rather frank and rude discussion.......

No doubt Bill, having been consigned to the corridor on his own with his table and cash box, must have been wondering what on earth was going on! I did go out to him and one point and ask if he was 'looking for business'. He laughed, recognising instantly the phraseology used by ladies of the night seeking custom with those gentlemen who drive around in cars with their hands in their pockets jiggling their loose change about.

That is the lovely thing about these weekends, no pomp and circumstance, just fun and a nice relaxed feeling between friends.

It's now Wednesday and I am still sitting here wondering how on earth it could've all gone so quickly.

Hope you all got home okay. Love Brenda

Posted 10 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I think the CSG weekends exist in another dimension - one with the opposite property to Harry Potter's time-turner. Every hour that passed in the outside world took about 5 minutes in Swindon.

Posted 10 years ago #
  10. Brigitte Gant

I think you have cracked the mystery, Christine, why these weekends are always over far too quickly. Wasn't Isabel Elliott amazing!? I have never seen anything like her work. And here am I agonizing over how to finish my 'Wichteln mit Herz' project for my partner in the German stitching forum. Isabel would have finished a whole cottage by now, including furniture.

Posted 10 years ago #
  11. Carol

Having considered the eBay options you listed Rachel I have decided to save my pennies towards another CSG weekend. I think it would be better value even without a crown. The thought of an unopened prince makes the mind boggle!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  12. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hear, hear, Carol. CSG weekends are much better value!

Posted 10 years ago #
  13. martingale

I'm back online at last! It's Nancy here, in case anyone is a bit confused about my odd username (since when was I one to make things easy?) So finally I can say what a wonderful weekend I had. So much so, I have just called Jane to book for Leicester as well - as if I could miss it! I just can't keep away from you ladies...

Posted 10 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Nancy!

Great time at Swindon :o)

Hoping all goes well for you later in the year - please keep us informed!

See you at Leicester...

Christine

Posted 10 years ago #
  15. Carol

It was lovely to meet you at Swindon Nancy and thank you for your companu. I hope the move went well.

Carol

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.