The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

R.I.P. Rosemary Hughes

(5 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Janet Nicholl
  • Latest reply from Janet Nicholl

No tags yet.

1. Janet Nicholl

I have just seen on Face Book that our dear friend Rosemary has died. She was found a couple of days ago in her new home and apparently had died a while ago.
    Her friends had been trying to contact her after her FB posts stopped on March 2nd and getting increasingly worried.
    For those not on FB I will post funeral information when it is published.

RIP our dear friend, we will always remember your cheerful face and wonderful stitching with your insistence that English words always be translated into Welsh on your samplers and other projects.
    XXXX

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Brigitte Gant

Thank you, Janet.
    It is so sad. May she rest in peace.
    I have told the girls in the German forum, where Rosemary had been a member for some years.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Janet Nicholl

I have been following the searches by Rosemary's friends on Face Book trying to find out details of her funeral and any service. This message has now been put up:

Just found this on Walesonline. 'On April 13th at her home in Saron, Llandysul, Rosemary Gwenllian, formerly of Maesdolau, Idole, Carmarthen. Public Funeral Service on Friday May 2nd at Parc Gwyn Crematorium, Narbeth at 10-45am'. That's all the information it gave.

It seems the friends think this is the correct notice.

So sad that none of us knew in time. I do hope there were people there to say goodbye. I also hope that someone somewhere has Rosemary's wonderful collection of needlework and it will inspire others.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Janet Nicholl

This was posted by one of Rosemary's friends on Face Book:

OK I contacted Oliver Evans and she went to Pen y Graig chapel in Croesyceiliog near Carmarthen. I spoke to the minister there (who also took the cremation service) and they had a memorial service for Rosemary on the first Sunday of this month. If anybody else wants to know anything please ask me - I live quite close to where she used to live so do have local knowledge.

Good to know there was a memorial service even though we couldn't be there.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Janet Nicholl

Issue 100 of Itch to Stitch has a wonderful photograph, taken at a Pinks stitching day, in memory of Rosemary.
    For those who don't know her - she is sitting in the centre at the far end of the table.
    Lovely tribute from Jane.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.