The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leeds - June 2014

(52 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Jean Strange

Hi Jane
    Keep positive you seem to be doing well.
    My Mum is being treated for her third lot of breast cancer at the age of 91! All positive at present. I'm sure you can beat it!! Not done chemo radiotherapy, one of the first to take Tomoxofin and now new drug to replace that for older women,.
    There are definitely so many more treatments out there to overcome these things these days. Hope to see you soon.
    Love Jean.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Just catching up on myself & I know no one is jealous of my trip to Norway
    It was great to see all those who went to Leeds, even if it was just for a few hours

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

On the contrary, we're all so jealous of your trip to Norway that we can hardly bring ourselves to talk to you :o)

Seriously, tho' I bet you had a WONDERFUL time there!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Rita Barron

It was lovely to see you too Helen if only fleetingly! No not jealous at all (she lies!!) Bet it was a fantastic trip!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. And every one said they weren't going to be jealous - I'm upset now to find out you all tell fibs :(

Seriously we had a lovely time - it was so nice to get away for a couple of weeks
    24 hour daylight is confusing though

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Rita Barron

I understand your confusion I found it weird to get so dark in the evening when down in Leeds!! It's not exactly daylight in the small hours just now up here but it's not pitch dark either! Mind you come the winter I don't seem to see the light of day at all!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. gill

It was lovely to see you in Leeds Helen and catch up with you. I feel like Rita and Christine, not jealous of your Norway trip at all ( she says as nose gets longer ). I hope you had a lovely time. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

For anyone intrigued by the musical coffee machine at Leeds, the music was a minuet by Boccherini (many thanks to University Challenge for that!).

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Jane N

I knew Mum and I could have been helpful at Leeds! That piece is from a String Quintet, although the minuet has also been arranged for string orchestra as it's so popular. Xxxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Trouble was, I knew that I knew it, just couldn't remember who had written it (my guess was Mozart, but I wasn't convinced).

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Auntie Beryl

Yes ! I thought it was Mozart , too. There are so many adverts using "bits" of the classics they all get mixed up . Very confusing , especially with an addled brain like mine !

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Its the piece of music that will always be associated with the original version of The Ladykillers, that Ealing Comedies made back in the 50's. Trouble is, nobody ever remembers who wrote it.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.