The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

The Earth is Moving for Barbara....

(19 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Rachel H

No tags yet.

1. No, not in the way you might be thinking....

There's been a bit of silliness going on in the Stone and Midgley households over the last couple of months with e-mails, so Barbara and I thought you might like to know that with her house move hopefully imminent, she now has so many boxes packed up that she and Bob are sleeping in a tent in the garden 'cos the house is full up. (No room at the Inn...oh, no that's Christmas innit...)

Rumour has it they also climb into the sleeping bag at night wearing matching cycle clips - (ah, .. sweet), as they are not fond of the thought of ants climbing up their pyjama legs..........

Where this silly scenario is 'moving' (no pun intended) on to now is anybody's guess so if you have any thoughts to add to these daft shenanigins, please join in the onversation.........

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Oops - that last word should be 'conversation' (A Captain Mainwaring moment 'wondered who'd be the first to spot that....)

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Brigitte Gant

I think the vision of B & B in a tent sporting bicycle clips will be giving me nightmares tonight. I am a bit puzzled, as to how they and all their stuff fitted in the house together and now that it is all packed up they don't. Did they have a lot of outbuildings with stuff to bring indoors?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Rachel H

I'm keeping out of this one! But suffice to say, bicycle clips will cause more merriment amongst the Stitcheteers!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Actually Brigitte you do have a point, but come to think of it - didn't we have another silly conversation elsewhere on the forum some time ago about 'outbuildings', someone had 3 I think it was and then someone else topped that with 5! - so maybe you're right and Barbara does have outbuildings - in which case why hasn't she and Bob put the tent up in one of those......mmm, 'the thick plottens' as they say.........

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

Yes, Brenda I was the one who owned up to 5, which house all the stuff which does not fit into our Retirement Palace.
    Maybe B & B wanted to be outside to observe some night life. Just wondering which sort.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Okay, yes the earth will move one day for me, don't know when yet, but soon I hope. In the meantime Brigitte, because most of my stuff is packed into boxes, they are taking up the room, so that there is very little left for me to live in. The situation hasn't been helped by the much beloved purchasing 50 moving blankets, cos we're moving ourselves, to put on the furniture and stop it being scratched. He thought that the delivery date would be three weeks, instead of which, two large bundles of 25 each, arrived two days later. They're taking up quite a large amount of room, so hence we're living in a tent in the garden. Haven't got enough room in the outbuildings for a tent, and in any case, the outbuildings are full to bursting with stuff as well. When we eventually get a date, I'm thinking of going on holiday, so he can move it and I can relax! It was a good idea to move when the idea was mooted a couple of years ago, but since then, I've changed my mind. In the meantime, the nightlife is quite enjoyable, but the cycle clips do tend to get in the way! (and you can take that whichever way you like!!!)

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

I keep my fingers and everything else crossed for continued dry weather. My heart goes out to you, as I remember my last move and have since sworn that my only next move is in a box. I though divorce was traumatic. It has nothing on moving - especially if some idiot sets fire to your new place the night before moving in.
    In the meantime enjoy the night life. And if the bike clips pinch, just take them off.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Barbara Stone

Yes, but when you take the bike clips off, the ants go up your trouser legs!!!, and as I seem to be allergic to all forms of insects lately, I don't want to risk any more bites. However, we do still (just) have room for a bed, so I will hopefully continue to use it, before we move. Thanks for the good wishes.

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Rita Barron

We lived in Cyprus for a while when I was a child and I remember my Dad putting the legs of the beds on saucers filled with TCP.Apparently this stopped all the creepy crawlers (and lizards) crawling up into bed with us!! Just a thought?!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Barbara Stone

Thanks for the comments. In the meantime, if anybody's got a sure way of getting a solicitor to remove a digit from a part of their anatomy, I'd be glad to hear it. We've now been waiting five weeks for the answer to two questions that only the opposition solicitor can answer. Failing the use of a shotgun, which I don't possess anyway, and wouldn't use in any case, anybody else got any good ideas!

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Oh, isn't this just so silly and jolly! - just look what you've started Barbara... and Rita - we now have visions of beds standing on saucers of TCP too!

We should start to write a book 'CSG and the Meanderings of the Brain' (wot brain) - if we all contribued a chapter to it I'm sure it would become a best seller. (Either that or we'd all get carted away by men in white coats..... come to that though, I wouldn't mind if the men in white coats were drop dead gorgeous........

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Barbara Stone

I did read in an old textbook of nursing, published many years ago, that before TCP,people would stand the beds in pots of animal urine. Can you imagine the smell? I wish I hadn't just written that, it's making me feel quite ill! Actually, I don't know why that would have worked either - bed bugs jump, so unless they were put off by the odour as well, - well it's another thought!

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Jane N

Barbara, as far as I'm aware, there's nothing to stop you phoning the 'other' solicitors to see if your solicitors have actually been in touch asking for the answers to the two questions. It's unconventional, which solicitors generally hate, but that sometimes works to your advantage - there's nothing like wrong-footing the legal profession :-)

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Brenda what are we going to do with you?
    How do you cope with your mind going off on so many tangents?

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. 's'easy Helen - I haven't got a brain, I was just born with a butterfly in my head - flits here, there and everywhere.

Are you going to be at Leicester?

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Carol

My brother who lives in the US had trouble with deer eating his roses and was recommended to try tiger poo as a deterrent. That should keep all creepy crawlies away, just find your tiger....

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Barbara Stone

Our local zoo sells off lion poo for the same purpose. We tried it once, and my cats went mad, rolling and digging in it. We nearly had to bath them before they came into the house again. We didn't bother getting any after that! But Helen, at least we know Brenda doesn't have a brain, so her little meanderings don't offend anybody and they're quite fun really.

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Rachel H

okay.... having read in depth all of the above...... have learnt a lot about TCP, tiger poo, cycle clips etc . Various comments spring to mind, none of which I will post!!!! Midgers does have a brain! nobody could produce work like hers without one!!!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.