The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Biscornus

(8 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Hi. In the latest edition of Itch to Stitch which arrived yesterday, is a lovely rose Biscornu . I can understand how to stitch it but I am having extreme difficulty (!) in understanding how to sew it together so it has that four-cornered pointy look. Are there any other picture instructions anywhere to help a dunce like me. Paragraph 5 on page 14 of the mag tells me how to do it, but I can't seem to understand it!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hi Rachel! Are you talking biscornus in general, or this one specifically?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Rita Barron

HI Rachel! If you go to the stitchers' study area on the CSG website you will find step by step instructions for making up a biscornu. My copy of the magazine hasn't arrived yet so unfortunately I can't see what you are referring to but hopefully this helps!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Rachel H

Thank you everyone !! And thanks to Brenda for her email win two dear little handwritten drawings showing me what to do!! I've started the cross stitch part and will have a practice at sewing up a dummy one before I try to sew up the real one (when it's done !!)

How helpful you all are!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Auntie Beryl

Hi ! Rachel . Worry not ! It is one of those things that look very complicated but as soon as you start it all falls into place . Certainly try pinning two pieces together first as a "trial run " so you can see how it works . The tricky bit is sewing the button on , but I dont always bother with that. They look just as pretty without .
    Happy stitching . B

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Carol

Hi Rachel. Believe me it is easier to do than you think. I managed it so it must be. Much easier than the watbo which puzzled me for ages.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. gill

I have yet to make a biscornu, but people do say they are easy to make up.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Brigitte Gant

I managed them so yes, they are easy. The only really important bit is to start the corner of one exactly in the centre of the other square. After that it's easypeasy.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.