The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Fine knitting needles for Tokens of Love book

(5 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Tina Lamborn
  • Latest reply from Tina Lamborn

No tags yet.

1. Tina Lamborn

This is probably for Jane Napier, but if anyone else can help that would be great. Jane, I saw the lovely Tokens of Love rings you made a couple of Saturdays ago at Pinks. I have the book and thought I would like to try my hand but drawing a blank on the very fine needles. Please would you let me know where you got them? If anyone else out there has made items from the book, its the size 0.8mm which I am looking for. Many thank, Tina

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Jane N

I did a Google search and found a company called (I think) Buttercup designs. They supply stuff for people knittong things for teddybears and dolls. I bought 1 mm and 0.80 mm, using the finer ones with 12 perle thread (I knit rather loosely!). I also found that 1 ball of DMC is sufficient to do the background colour for 2 sides/pieces but you might need more than one if you use Anchor as their balls are smaller. They have a wider range of colours, however, which I usually order from Sew and So online :-) Hope this helps, J xxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Jane N

I've double checked: google Buttercup Miniatures. They make their own knitting needles which I used :-)

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Tina Lamborn

Thank you for your help Jane. I tried Yahoo'ing but drew a blank on anything under 2mm, so I will contact Buttercup Minatures tomorrow. I have already ordered the thread from Sew and Sew and I ordered the Anchor as I wanted to try using the Black/Gold and pink/cream combination to see how it works. I am taking it away with me as my girlfriend in Canada is a great knitter and I know will be interested. Good to see you at Pinks, hope the rest of the treatment is as stress free as possible and look forward to seeing you again soon. Tina xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Tina Lamborn

PS Jane. Unfortunately Buttercup Miniatures are having a clear out so no mail ordering at present, however I looked on the web for miniature knitting and found a very nice lady at The Knitting Lady. We chatted and she is going to send me a pair of 0.80mm and 1.0mm needles today, so if you need anything else and Buttercup and still not on line, then she maybe able to help you. Tina xx

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.