The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Anchor Marlitt threads

(5 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Rachel H

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

At the last cross stitch weekend I Bought some bunches of threads in which were included quite a few Anchor Marlitt threads. I though they might be nice for Christmas cards. However, on looking at them today they seem to have only 4 strands rather than the usual 6. Do I use 2 strands to sew with, 3 or even all 4? I've never used this thread before so any help gratefully received!!!
    Thank you

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I guess you use as many as you feel is necessary for the end result you're aiming for?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. SallyH

It depends on what you are stitching. For my Brazilian embroidery I used one thread for Stem Stitching and Two for the fill in stitches. It seemed to work well, but it is very slippery to work with and you need to use it in short lengths as it curls easily.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Auntie Beryl

I use either one or two threads . I think more than that would be too thick and difficult to work with . I use the gold and silver for cards . I also use it to "frame" a picture , it can be very effective . At the moment I am using it to make a book mark for an old family Bible . I shall probably take it to Leicester , if it is finished in time .

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Rachel H

Aunty B: Look forward to the bookmark! And thank you everyone for your help!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.