The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Lovely Bumble has passed away

(8 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Hi. Jane has put on Facebook this morning that sadly Bumble passed away today. He was 14. He was taken ill on Sunday and passed away peacefully this morning. Bill and I send our thoughts and sympathies to Jane, Bill and their families. We aren't "doggie" people, but we know from our children (who are!) how distressing and sad it can be to lose a family pet. xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Auntie Beryl

I am not a Pet person but we have had several over the years and I have wept bucketsful of tears as each one died . And I am not ashamed to admit it! Jane and Bill must be devastated !

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Will really miss Bumble coming to say Hello and inspect everything. Also waiting for the leftovers from lunch! I am not really a doggie person having been attacked by a dog when I was about 2 years old but have always been fine with Bumble. I remember when my cat died (after I married and moved away) my parents took several days to be able to phone and tell me so know exactly how it feels. Love and good wishes to Jane and the family.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Same here Jean. I always liked seeing Bumble, he was such a character! Poor Jane & Bill, I do know how they must be feeling after losing both my cats. They will always have their good memories of him though. All thoughts and good wishes to them.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Fiona Dunbar

Being a dog lover I can sympathise with Jane and Bill over the loss of Bumble, They are your best friend. I still miss my dog after 20 yrs ! Saturday Stitching will never be the same without Bumble. Bless him. My thoughts are with Jane and Bill today....

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. I am so sad for Jane and Bill, Bumble was the number 3 (after them) member of the CSG and mascot! I lost my lovely Toby two years ago and am now just ready to start again - Maisie the Westie will move in on 4th Sept, think of me with an 8 week old puppy!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I think this may have been Bumble's predecessor Charlie, as the Guild was founded in 1996 and Bumble would not have been born until 2000. No doubt Bumble had his own CSG membership number!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. The world would be a poorer place without animals and we are privileged that they give us unconditional love in silent communication, the like of which they seem to have a greater understanding of than we do ourselves.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.