The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Fred and Ginger

(10 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Rachel H

No tags yet.

1. Ah well, those of you who know I help out at the RSPCA cattery on Tuesdays will be pleased to hear the following news:

When I left there last week Fred and Ginger were on a 'Starve' regime - expecting to have their personal bits and pieces dealt with! Both looked miserable as the breakfast trolley had bypassed them - and with the extraodinary antennae system animals seem to have - they knew Something Was Up! I went to bed that night thinking about them, knowing that Fred would be all right but that Ginger probably didn't feel like going out dancing.....

This week? - all bright eyed and bushy tailed again, Whiskas Chicken in Jelly has been favourite and pretty soon they could well have a new home to go to.

Ah, it's nice when it all goes to plan.........

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. 140559

Big smiley face for Fred and Ginger. We've just had our rabbits, Coco and Oreo, seen to, so I'm expert in paw holding!

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

"Fred" and "Ginger" - what positively INSPIRED names for a pair of moggies! :oD

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Fiona Dunbar

Ive supported a guinea pig through the same process ! A rescue piggy for my daughter ! I had to syringe pain killers into him twice a day ! That was an experience I can tell you !

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Well Mrs. Berrett - if you think Fred and Giner were inspirational names how about "Brenda and Enid"!!

Fellow volunteer Enid and I were working together a couple of years ago in what we call the Middle Room when she suddenly said ' Oh look at this, they've called this one Brenda (chuckling to herself) I went to look and Brenda was sharing the pen with a sibling. I took out the card tucked behind 'Brenda' and found 'Enid'.

Enid (original) looked a bit put out, having been likened to an ordinary little tabby, but as I pointed out to her - they both had beautiful faces, were very elegant and poised and obviously intelligent - as they rushed to meet us (obviously having recognised that we had plates of din-dins in our hands for them!!)

They get given all sorts of names. Only this week did I have the dubious pleasure of dealing with 'Monty' - a big Burmese Blue. Obviously an old soldier as he had a pop at me twice as I tried to clean the inside of his pen!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Auntie Beryl

We had a black cat called "Puddled " Because he was as black as a puddle and "Puddled"is a northern word for Daft . We also had one called "Binker" after Chritopher Robins imaginary friend . But , not being a cat lover they also had a variety of names none of them polite . I think I may have lost a good friend now , sorry Brenda !!

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Janet Nicholl

Oh dear - cat names......
    Half Pint was a Burmese Siamese cross and the runt of the litter, even when old enough to leave mum he only fitted in a half pint dimple mug!
    Then there was Chivas Regal, a Persian Blue and Glefiddich, a Ginger Persian who was the most loveable cuddly large fluffy lump! Suppose you can guess that at the time we were publicans..........
    These days it has been elderly rescue cats to give them a happy retirement so we have to accept their given names. Toby is 18 and when he goes to cat heaven I plan to have two short hair kittens. I do miss having a lap cat as any of you know who have visited, Toby certainly isn't :-)

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Ain't that the truth...

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Carol

We once adopted a cat and the kids in a literary mood decided to call him Puck. But when my husband attempted to call him in one evening the whole street was treated to him repeatedly shouting "Puck" which at a distance sounded a little different! (First letter changed). When Colin found me almost purple with laughter the name was rapidly changed to Spot. However the cat never took to Colin perhaps objecting to being sworn at whilst performing his business.

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Rachel H

For those of you who are interested!!! We had the following cat names when we had cats as children: Orlando, Keilly (as in marmelade I think), Oscar, Scampi, Jeremy (tabbies)

Now, isn't that interesting!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.