The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Sleeps to go...

(58 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Ginny McCoy

Tags:

1. Brigitte Gant

For me only 32 sleeps till I hit the road to Germany again.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Carol

I have my tiara ready just need to find the ballgown and I'm ready.

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Rachel H

My boob tube and ra ra skirt have been donated to charity (aka too small!!). I shall however be searching high and low for a stunning outfit for Saturday night in Leicester, to match or indeed complement Carol's tiara!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Rachel H

Suggestions on a post card please....

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Well my dears, you've only got 21 sleeps to come up with something!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Carol

Should I suspect that you never intended to wear a boob tube and ra ra skirt Rachel? I totally expect you to trawl the charity shops to find a replacement in an appropriate size. I look forward to whatever you do get.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yo peeps, 20 sleeps to go...

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Rachel H

A thoroughly good browse of the charity shops in my town has come up with precisely zilch! Lots of really nice clothes, but nothing that was quite, you know, quite the ticket! Perhaps I'll just wear a ticket!

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

15 sleeps to go...

Time enough for you to whip up something special, Rachel, they do it all the time in the Great British Sewing Bee. I estimate no more than a couple of hours for a boob tube and a ra-ra skirt! :o)

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Christine, I like your thoughts
    Wouldn't be any good for me - the sewing machines are my nemesis
    I've finished my Christmas box & all the bits to go in it. I'm really pleased with it (if I do say so myself).
    Pat G, if you're ready this it's not "yours" it's Mick's !!
    Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Carol

I can trawl the local charity shops for you Rachel but the size 8 may be an issue

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Rachel H

Ladies, thank you for your most helpful suggestions. I make the following knowing comments:

1. Size 8? You're 'aving a laugh, Carol!!
    2. Sewing machine? Yes, well, my mum had one of those black and gold Singer ones fitted on a sort of table thing.... I have had one go at dressmaking. I was 14, at my convent and in the dress making class I decided to make a stunning red and white striped shift dress (all the rage in the 1960s my dears..). Cut it out, sewed it up with the help of a) sewing machine, b) teacher, c) anybody else.

On donning the finished article, I looked absolutely like a crooked tube of toothpaste, as I had cut it out crooked, sewed it up crooked.... If I stood in front of the mirror, listing slightly to the right, it improved matters.

So, I think sewing Bee is out.

3. I shall just make do with my Ferragamo black trousers and my Valentino top together with my Jimmy Choo shoes.... yes of course I will!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

...as befits the driver of a Maserati, natch!

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

10 sleeps to go - the countdown has begun...

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Dunno about the number of sleeps to Leicester....I'm still trying to get my head round the thoughts of Rachel in a convent..... A boob tube, ra ra skirt and wimple!! Hilarious........

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Carol

Excitedly thinking about next week and I am wondering whether the hotel is very hot, so teeshirts required or quite cool so jumpers needed. Any views from those of you who are Leicester veterans.

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Hi Carol
    Bring both - the air con in the stitching room can be temperamental. We can easily go from hot to cold & back very quickly.
    The dinning area tends to be cooler than the beds rooms.
    Hope that helps
    Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Carol

Thanks Helen. Layers it is then.

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Hi Brenda
    I now have a really strange picture in my head!!
    Thanks
    Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Rachel H

If Helen and Brenda have strange pictures in their heads, wot about me!! I was there; I was that person! Crooked dresses can have a hell of an effect on your future life you know! I can't look at a tube of toothpaste without saying a Hail Mary!!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.