The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Oak thread tree

(5 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Marie Stein
  • Latest reply from Marie Stein
  1. Marie Stein

I have the Florette Stitcher's Carousel and use the pin cushion all the time to hold my threaded needles. I'm tempted by the English Oak Double Thread Tree to hold the threads for whichever project I have on the go - it looks gorgeous, even better next to the Carousel. But I'm wondering how easy it is to use as I can't see anywhere to write the colour numbers and if I have 20 or 30 different colour threads (some of which could be very similar) chances are that I'd get them mixed up.

So I'd appreciate any feedback about using the Thread Tree and any tips for NOT getting the threads mixed up!
    Thanks, Marie

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Jane N

Hi Marie. I don't have a thread tree myself (yet!), but I have a similar problem re: identifying threads when I'm doing work with crewel wools. I use tie-on-tags (WH Smiths sell mini tie on labels in little packs of 100) - I knot the very ends of the string together and loop the tags round the wool. You could loop the tags through the holes in the thread tree. Xxxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. SallyH

What a good idea Jane. I've been wondering how to label them. I'll now give your idea a try. Thanks

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Rita Barron

I don't have one myself as yet but wondered if you could put masking tape above the holes and write the thread number/colour above the corresponding hole? I have a couple of wooden thread holders and that's what I do with them. Just wondered if it would work on the thread tree too??

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Marie Stein

Thanks for the suggestions - yes I'll check out the tie-on-tags in WHSMith. Also, yes I think that it should be okay to put masking tape on the thread tree, just around the circle of holes.

So now I really want the thread tree!

Many thanks!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.