The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Something cheerful

(22 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Jane N
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Brenda, thanks for your kind words

Have to share this with you all. Got to work this morning after an extra long journey to find a Jay bouncing around on the grass under my window. This is first time I've ever seen one of these!

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Oh how thrilling! Saw one many years ago now at Ally Pally believe it or not. I was on the courtesy bus as it wound its way up the slope to AP building and suddenly it flew from one tree to another. We ony rarely seem to see them at home.

My personal thrill buster this week was in travelling home from the Severn Valley on Sunday evening. The sun was setting as we left Bridgnorth and our journey takes about an hour and a quarter. The sky was just beginning to go blue and golden and as we travelled along the sun slowly sunk into obscurity on the horizon and the colours deepened into the most amazing shades of blue and gold into darker blue and orange and almost into a scarlet orange and purple. Absolutely gorgeous - and I was so thankful it wasn't me driving as it meant I could watch it most of the way home. It seemed to take forever until it finally set. Wonderful.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.