The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leicester

(12 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Carol
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Carol

I am now officially two tiaras Carol. Thanks for a lovely birthday.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Folks, we celebrated Carol's birthday by assembling in the carpark at 3am in our pyjamas. We even invited some hunky firemen!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Tinouche24

More information required me thinks- what exactly happened?

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Sounds like fun!! Definitely more info needed.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Carol

I have never had a pyjama party before and I am not sure that I want another one ever again despite the good company. Someone forgot the wine and peanuts!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Tinouche24

It's not fair keeping us dangling on a thread. Most of us are already green with envy that we couldn't go with you and now you are feeding us little titbits. Come on spill the beans.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Carol

It was not us. We definitely did not see the fire alarms off at 3am. We are not that desperate to see firemen. But apparently Jane G has a thing about them so........

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Rachel H

Let's set the record straight here .... 3 am. Fire alarm. Hotel evacuated. 30 mins or so in pjs in car park (thank heaven it had stopped raining!). 3 fire engines. Loadsa firemen. All clear given. Everyone then stayed awake for ages as they couldn't get to sleep again. I made 23 wAtbo things! Lots of tired people at breakfast! But we all perked up and the day was as usual enjoyAble!!
    Rachel, ex lacrosse player......

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Carol

23 watbos? How long is your nose Rachel?

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. gill

Watos, watbos, I've made hundreds - well ive nearly finished my 2nd. What a complete numpty I was. I am stitching the Hardanger watbo, and I managed to line it, then I realised I hadn't done the needle weaving. It's very fiddly to do with the lining in place. Several swear words later it's now ready to be made up and stuffed.
    I had a lovely weekend, which was over far too quickly. I hope everyone had a safe journey home.
    Love Gill. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Rachel H

My second watbo (okay, so the 23 was a teensy exaggeration!!) turned out beautifully except it hangs upside down!! I put the hangy thing in the wrong corner, but the robin, bauble and wreath still look good, even upside down! You only need to stand on your head in front of the tree and look at it and it will be perfect. And before you ask, no people don't stand on their heads in front of Christmas trees in Suffolk - at least I don't think so!!

Great weekend, great company, hotel is indeed excellent as Janet commented. The fire alarm was an experience and topped off 2TC's birthday! No pun intended!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

Well, you all sound as though you had a good time at Leicester. Lets hope that next years will be as good, cos I aim to be at that one, if I can. See you all soon I hope.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.