The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leicester - thank you

(6 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Janet Nicholl
  • Latest reply from Ginny McCoy
  1. Janet Nicholl

To all who were at Leicester - thank you for all your concern, help and advice about my sore knee!
    For those not at the w/e - I had an arthroscopy on my right knee just over a couple of weeks ago and stitches out last Tuesday. All was fine except I overdid it at the end of last week resulting in a painful hobble for most of the weekend.
    By the time I reached home, foot up for the afternoon and evening and a full nights sleep - no "fire evacuation here! - I am feeling much better and will be taking it easy for the next little while.
    Thanks all for a very enjoyable weekend. Sunday 3am excepted, it is definitely the best of the Hiltons Jane uses. Staff, food, rooms, service are all excellent.
    Hope everyone else had a good journey home.
    XX Janet

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Janet - I'm so glad your knee is feeling better, and that you managed to enjoy what turned out to be a "despite everything" weekend :oS

I had an interesting journey home - via Sheffield!!! That's what comes of missing the motorway junction and not realising it for miles and miles and miles...

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Christine, what were you dreaming of to miss the exit?!
    Janet, good to hear you got home OK. Take it easy now & let the knee get better

I had a much better trip home than the one down
    Good to see everyone again. Looking forward to next years weekends.

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sheer personal incompetence, Helen - I'm always doing some such thing :o((

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Glad you are okay Janet. Yes great weekend either despite or because of the various happenings. Jean and I had an excellent run home, best ever, two and a half hours to Kent with no hold-ups even at the Dartford crossing. My puppy was delighted to see me, in fact went ballistic!! Roll on the next weekend in the Spring.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Ginny McCoy

Good to hear the knee is more comfortable Janet. You did look quite sore some of the time. I have a mild knee injury, and found that all that sitting, plus wearing a small heel, didn't do it much good but, like you, it's settled down a bit now.

Poor Christine - an interesting route home, and just what you don't want at the end of a busy weekend. Glad you're home safe now. Once again, lovely to meet you, and thank you so much for coming to look for me.

I hope to see you both again in the future.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.