The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leicester Stitch Weekend

(32 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Ginny McCoy
  • Latest reply from Rachel H

No tags yet.

1. Jean Strange

Ok then children's TV who remembers Bill and Ben, The Wooden Tops and Andy Pandy? My favourite was The Wooden Tops. Goodness compared with today's children's TVS some of it was so tame. Today's equivalent of Peppa Pig etc not sure same.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Peppa Pig is hilarious!

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. gill

I know this has nothing to do with the above. I remember all 3 Jean. I do also remember Hector's House, Trumpton, Bag puss.
    I do want to thank all the ladies who were in Leicester and signed my birthday card. Thanks for the good wishes it was a lovely surprise. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Carol

I think you mean Children's favourites which was introduced by Uncle ..... Can't remember who. We would be a bit suspicious of him now! Also included The Laughing Policeman and The banana boat song.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Uncle Mac?

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Auntie Beryl

That was Childrens Hour with Auntie Doris and Romany and his dog Raq . Romany had a Gypsy caravan at Wilmslow , where the carpark and Sainsbury's Is. I remember being taken to see it when I was about 10 years old .
    If I can remember something that happened 75 years ago , why can't I remember what I had for my lunch yesterday ? ! But , Please keep the memories coming , it is good for my addled brain . Love to all .

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

It was Uncle Mac on a Saturday morning. I absolutely hated Sparkies Magic Piano, hearing it week after week, but I can remember all the words for The Runaway Train, so obviously it made quite an impression. They don't write songs like that any more do they? (Maybe I should add, thank goodness). Nowadays the kids grow up so fast, they don't seem to have a childhood at all. They go straight from being a toddler to wannabe teenagers. Hell, I sound just like my mother, and I didn't think that would happen for a few more years.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Romany's caravan is no longer in Wilmslow, I suspect it was deemed unsafe.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Brigitte Gant

Anyone else listened to the Clitheroe Kid? I was still at school learning English and so chuffed I got the jokes.

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I once went with my dad to watch The Clitheroe Kid being recorded, must have been in the 60s I suppose.

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Having just come back from visit to Grandson for his second birthday Peppa Pig is hilarious until you have watched all the episodes about 10 times Christine!!!! I now know about Ben and Holly as well. There were also a couple of other programmes that were on can't remember titles of all of them. As to old programmes remembered Jane N talking about one I used to watch with my daughter. It was narrated by Terry Wogan called Stop it and Tidy Up. The characters were all things Mums say hence Stop It and Tidy Up.

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Rachel H

Uncle Mac used to end his programme with "Goodbye children...... pause ..... everywhere! After him Ed Stewart took it on I think with some appalling child giggling a lot!

My goodness we have come a long way from an alarum lily!!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.