The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

We are all being very quiet....

(7 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. Hello Everyone - well, here we all are studiously getting on with whatever whilst the coach is gallivanting around Germany.

Don't know about you but I'm starting to get the feeling I've just entered the race in the lead up to Christmas. Cards nearly all done, freezer emptied, cleaned out, and filled up again. Done my letter to Santa (Geoff) to list what I would like for Christmas. We don't bother with 'big' presents - just odds and sods, but he does like to have some idea of the little things that would give me pleasure. He gave me a telling off yesterday and said my spelling was getting sloppy. When I enquired 'why' he said I'd spelt 'connection' with only one 'n'. When I said with a puzzled tone 'what are you on about' he pointed to my Santa's letter and said 'this'. All he'd done was misread my writing. I'd put (magazines) Cross Stitch Gold or Cross Stitch Collection - and he'd read my scribbled 'll's' as an 'n'. Men! - huh! Fancy not knowing the correct name of the wife's favoured reading material........

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Jane N

Morning from Bruges, Brenda! I'm sure it's quiet because you are all being studious & not because all us noisy ones are away, causing chaos all over Europe!!! Hope to see you soon, love J xxxxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Good morning to the noisy ones
    Hope you've all had a good time & not overloaded the bus too much
    Hope to catch up with you all before too long
    Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Yes, it's QUITE OBVIOUS who the noisy ones are!

Hope you all had a fab time on the trip, and get home safely.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Jean Strange

Hi all
    Hope you had a good journey home. We were in Calais on Thursday doing a wine shop for Christmas! Hope you all had a good time. Definitely quiet while you were away. I'm off to try to finish knitting the long sweater I'm making for my step granddaughter. Should finish it this week!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Jane N

Just when you were enjoying the peace and quiet ......
    WE'RE BACK!!!
    Had a fabulous time and spent loads of money, but very happy with my successful shopping at Zweigart, Vaupel & H and in more than one Christmas market - brilliant :-) Good to be back, though, to a perfect cup of tea! Xxxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Hello Jane - Pleased to see you are all back in good ol' England. Even more pleased to hear you spent lots of dosh - which means you now have lots of lovely things to stitch.

As for the perfect cup of tea - it's funny isn't it how tea anywhere else never tastes the same as the one produced in your own kitchen!

Last time I was away with the crowd in Germany the hotels we stayed in then had tea bags with 'Eternal Youth' on the front of the paper thingy. I drunk as much as I could get of the stuff......didn't do much for me though....

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.