The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Memories

(7 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Barbara Stone
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

Hi everybody. I'm trying to gather together peoples memories of the foreign tours, with the aim of making them into a book, which can be presented to Jane and Bill at some later date. Unfortunately, I don't have any personal memories of the first two tours as I wasn't on them, but if anybody has photos or memories of something that happened on any of the tours, would it be possible for you to send them to me. I'm sure that Mrs. Berrett, would let you have my e mail address, so that I could get them. They don't have to be funny, but they are your memories and I know that Jane would like to read them. So if you can help, I'd be extremely grateful. Jane and the people who were on the last tour know that I'm doing this, but if you've been on a tour, could you help as well. Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sure thing, Barbara!

If anyone wants to get in touch with Barbara, post on here to say so and I will send you her email address outside the forum.

Christine

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Barbara, I'm sure I can send you some stuff from the 2 Norway trips if Christine can connect us. Do you want Mick to write about them? If you do it'll be after Christmas when Santa duties are done with

Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Barbara Stone

Helen, any memories will be welcome. I'd love to get Micks recollections of the trips, especially as we all remember him! Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Barbara Stone

Ladies, I'm sure you are all very busy,and I do apologise, but apart from two people, I've had no responses or memories at all. Please, please, please could you rack your brains and ransack your photos, and let me have your memories of the tours. If I don't get any more, it's going to be a might small pamphlet. In fact, it wouldn't even cover one side of a sheet of paper at the moment! We can't just let the foreign holidays finish without having something to remember them by, so I'd be eternally grateful for your help. Thanks.

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Barbara, I'm ever so sorry I forgot completely. This work thing is no good - stops me doing anything. Seem to have spent most of this month helping Mick do the subs at our local Club and been to camp with the Explorers (indoors - not quite that daft before anyone comments).
    I think I need to make a list of things to do
    Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

Helen, I've got a solution for you, but it might cause more problems. Just give up work! I did, a few months ago, and its marvellous! But thanks for your help. Its much appreciated. Hopefully I'll get lots more memories, and can then put them down on paper, so they can be presented to Jane and Bill.

The memories don't have to be written out in full, for example, when I was talking to one lady, she just said "The Elephant!" and we both knew what she was talking about, so that's the kind of thing I'd like if possible. Of course, if you wanted to expand on them, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks everybody.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.