The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Have we all fallen off the Planet??

(6 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Where's everyone got to, either you are still under the 'affluence of incohol' following the New Year or you are busy pulling real life back together again as the usual day to day demands set in.

Finally got to see Christmas Day's episode of Downton Abbey this Monday night just gone. Aah! - what pleasure and thankfully they didn't kill anyone off at the last minute (as per Matthew a few Christmas Days/Years ago!). I did get concerned over Robert though; keep complaining of his chest/tummy pains. In the end 'only an ulcer' was diagnosed!! - bet those who suffer with this particular problem don't think of it as 'only' an ulcer!!

Already there's lovely things on the horizon - lots of shoots for daffodils etc. coming up in the garden, evenings seem fractionally lighter, some lovely sunrises and in the post yesterday? - leaflets on the joys of Sewing for Pleasure at the NEC in March! - Yay!! - s'all looking good - followed of course by Newbury North. Never been to that particular hotel.

Back to choir rehearsals tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing my chums there and singing something different from Carols!!

Best news of all - finished my Wildflower workbox this afternoon - double yay on that one! Good New Year to all. Love Brenda.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. My excuse for falling off the planet is that the awful four letter "W" word reared its head on Monday. I hate getting up in the dark & getting back home to find it seems to still be dark. It's so depressing.

I had a good stitching time over Christmas and have nearly got to the bottom of my CSG Project sampler. I need to get some more band fabric to do all the things I want to put on it. And, if I say so myself I'm pleased with it.

Won't get any stitching done this weekend as I'm going on Christmas Camp (inside) with my old Explorer Unit. We went to the wedding of the first of them to get married last week. I did accuse her of trying to make us feel old, then worked out she is nearly 24!!

I won't be at Newbury - already going away that weekend. So it's going to be Leeds before I see any of you (hopefully with more hair)

Love & best wishes for the New Year to everyone.
    Helen

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Rita Barron

Happy New Year everyone!
    Like you Helen that awful thing beginning with 'w' reared its ugly head on Monday! Quite a thought getting up in the dark and getting home in the dark. Only positive is I don't see my dirty windows! Did think about cleaning them today as its my day off, then decided with the awful weather forecast it's not worth the bother!!
    Finished a ufo in the holidays and felt quite pleased until I see I still have a bag full! Hey ho! Just put it back in the cupboard for another time!
    Really looking forward to seeing everyone in Leeds! I am sure Christine will soon tell us how many sleeps to go!
    Best wishes to you all! Rita xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Hi Brenda
    My excuse for falling off the planet is the injury (mentioned in another forum strand) and seeming to be running a hotel for friends and family!! Since December 19th we have had 4 days without visitors!!!! Daughter, Grandson and Step Grand daughter go home on Sunday this week.
    It went like this
    18th Dec :Bristol take Mum to see Only Men Aloud
    19th Dec :bring Mum home for Christmas me end up in A&E after argument with gas fire
    26th Dec :daughter, grandson and step grand daughter arrive
    27th Dec :my birthday big friends and family lunch half way between us and them. My mum goes home and Jeff's Mum comes back with us
    28th Dec :daughter etc. go home.
    30th Dec :Mum in Law goes home
    4 days to ourselves!!!!
    3rd Jan :daughter and grandson arrive back.
    9th Jan (tomorrow) step grand daughter back to us for weekend.
    11th Jan the gang heads home!!!
    Jeff and I collapse in a heap in the corner!!!!
    How many sleeps until Newbury? and will have Nanna and Grandad duties when new baby born in between.
    I hope this gives me a good excuse, thankfully we don't have that 'W' word to worry about anymore.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Rachel H

For those that follow me on FB, you will know that I have been the recipient of man flu pleurisy, cough, cold, probable pneumonia etc etc, with pulled muscles from coughing (INCREDIBLY painful, but now on the mend; amazing cocktail of pills!). Two visits to A&E to make sure I hadn't cracked any ribs (thankfully no!). Christmas was dogged by my illness, Bill's bronchitis, my mum's bronchitis! But I think we still enjoyed it, despite being very quiet! Bill and I somehow managed to get ourselves away for NYE with 10 of our close friends from here - and amazingly we even stayed up until 1 am!! I could hardly move the next day with my muscles as I had endeavoured to dance!!

But thankfully we are all on the mend now - things just seem to linger on don't they! And as my doctor so tactfully told me yesterday, the older you get, the harder it is to recover. Thanks, love!

Anyway enough of this; Happy New Year to everyone! Roll on 28 February when I retire (oh yes I do!, even though I am being cajoled into working 2 days a week...) No thank you very much!!

Look forward to seeing people at Newbury!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Barbara Stone

Oh Rachel, you poor thing, having all those nasties at one time. I can sympathise, as I've only got a cough and a cold is coming out now, but hope that you are well on the way to recovery now. There are quite a number of nasty germs floating around at the moment, so hope that nobody else gets them.

Look forward to your retirement. I can thoroughly recommend it. See you all at Newbury, and hope that everybody remains well.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.