The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

N E W B U R Y

(71 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant

No tags yet.

1. Carol

What about quadratic equations then. Can't recall using them in 50+ years. Are they linked to the the meaning of life and that's why I am constantly confused?

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Quadratic equations? Them's algebra!

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

And I think you'll find that the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is...

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

(your constant confusion is your own problem)

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

As I used to say to Year 5 & 6 children I don't do Maths!! Totally confused! Took "O" level Maths and Stats for Commerce. Do know about prime numbers. Jeff thought the answer to life etc was 49 but not sure. Will go with your answer Christine. Looking forward to Newbury.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Trust me, DEFINITELY 42!!!!!!!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Carol

42 is 3 inches on 28 count linen and 49 is 3.5 inches so ........ Is that the meaning of life then? All answers on the back of a postage stamp. Can you do that now they are self stick or would the ink run? Its a mystery

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Christine's quite right it's 42
    Think we must the only 2 that know where it comes from

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Rachel H

I'm better at languages if that helps or is relevant!

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Rachel H

I thought the 42 meaning of life thing was from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? What larks one remark about sums or maths or what's wd has caused!

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Barbara Stone

It's definitely from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

This posting has bought back many very unhappy memories of sitting in a warm classroom, trying to work out equations, and wanting to fall asleep instead. Thought I'd left all talk of maths, sums and arithmetic behind me when I left school. Think I'll just get back to my sewing!

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Jane N

Yep, Hitchiker's: the computer Deep Thought was asked to come up with the ultimate answer to 'Life, the Universe & everything' and after 7 and a hakf million years it came up with the answer 42. However, Deep Thought couldn't calculate the Ultimate Question - that needed an even more powerful computer that was to come! Lovely twaddle, very badly missed :-)

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Jean Strange

Hi all we knew it was Hitchhikers Guide just never actually read so mistake. Live definitely with number. Loved the BBC programme though!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Rachel H

Jane: I thought the Ultimate Question was: housework, cooking, ironing or stitching? To which the Ultimate Answer is "No Contest"...!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. Jean Strange

Hi everyone willing to believe 42 just remembered the BBC series loved it Jeff says he can't remember it!! Looking forward to Newbury who am I going to meet? My friend Jenny is coming for the day on Saturday.Jeff dropping Fiona and I off on Friday and collecting us on Sunday after collecting my Mum from Bristol to come and be with my daughter and the two great grandsons including new baby born on 6th Feb.

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Rachel H

The Stitcheteers will be there: Brenda, Two Tiara Carol, Nancy with the Laughing Face, and Ferrari Rach!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Jean Strange

Hi looking forward to seeing you all. Knew Brenda was coming as sent her a catch up e-mail. Will catch up with you all on Friday I will have photos of new baby for anyone who wants to see.

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Jean Strange

Hi all
    Roll on this time next week. Saturday night dinner about due!! Look forward to seeing you all there.

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Jane N

Hi all, just a quick warning about my appearance in advance of seeing everyone at Newbury: I may be sporting some mulicoloured bruises on my neck, as I've just had an implanted port put in my shoulder. I'll try and keep it as under wraps as I can as I don't want to put people off their breakfasts! Really looking forward to the weekend & catching up with everyone, love J xxxx

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.