• Started 9 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Brigitte Gant

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Oh dear Jane, that sounds horrid :o((

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Jane N

Bless you, Christine, but fortunately it's not as bad as it looks! It's almost on a par with root canal work, unpleasant and leaves you feeling bruised, a bit battered and rather sorry for yourself for a few hours but overall, not that big a deal :-). I'm just aware that there may be others who might react the way my neice does - she's one of those unlucky people who have an instinctive reaction to seeing anything a bit gory: her knees buckle & she faints, poor love.
    Can't wait to see everyone in Newbury, love J xxxx

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Jean Strange

Oh dear Jane does sound a bit unpleasant. Hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to Newbury and meeting up with everyone again. Can't believe Swindon was 12 months ago!!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Rachel H

You'll soon feel better Jane. I had a port inserted just above my right boob for my year of Herceptin treatment. You just learn to live with it! The worst part was them getting the darn thing out after a year!

So looking forward to seeing you. xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Ouch!

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Brigitte Gant

Two more sleeps and we're off. I am glad Newbury is not that far to go as I have had my fill of long distance travelling for a bit. See you all there.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Rachel H

The AA tell me that it is 144 miles and will take 2.5 hours. Motorways on a Friday lunchtime/afternoon? I guess that's probably about right! I'll be ready for the vinho at 7 pm (if not before!!)

See y'all there!

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I dare say Mrs Berrett will be ready for the vino (other drinks are available) from about 5pm, or whenever she arrives - whichever is the sooner! ;o)

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Carol

I should be there by around 5 and certainly ready for the wine!

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Rita Barron

Have a brilliant time everyone! I will be thinking about you! Roll on Leeds! Can't wait!

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. gill

Have a lovely weekend. I can't wait for Leeds either Rita. How many sleeps is it Christine??

Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

85 sleeps to Leeds

Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Rita Barron

Gosh is that all? Doesn't sound long!! Brilliant!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. gill

You're right Rita it doesn't seem long off. Thanks Christine for the maths. Enjoy Newbury everyone. Happy Stitching. Xx

Posted 9 years ago #
  15. Andrea Thompson

Have a great time!
    Very. Jealous.

Posted 9 years ago #
  16. craftysue

Here at Newbury having fun

Posted 9 years ago #
  17. Ann S

The Newbury weekend was just wonderful, Emma and I really enjoyed it. Perhaps the Swindon hotel was a little better but the staff at Newbury North were all extremely kind and the food was excellent. As for the company, well I am not one to over enthuse normally but I do need to say how much I appreciated every single one of you for your understanding, patience etc about my intermittent immobility.

Can't do either of the other two weekends this year but have just booked for Emma and I fr the Christmas party day at Pinks on Saturday 6th December, so hope to see some of you then.

Posted 9 years ago #
  18. Rachel H

It was lovely to see everybody and I had a great weekend, even though not feeling brilliant some of the time! Thanks from me too for everyone's kindness and concern. It is really good to get together with a crowd of friendly like minded (cross stitch!!) people!!

I had an incredibly good journey back to Suffolk, 144 miles in 2.25 hours. I was thankful I wasn't on the other side of the carriageway at times though!

I feel I might be putting a comment on Trip Advisor about the utter lack of white wine and rose wine at the hotel on Sunday night. And also the charge of £33 on Friday night for a bottle of 2013 Sauvignon Blanc! A little extortionate, I feel!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  19. Auntie Beryl

I had a good journey home , arriving in the house at 3 pm . I have made up for the lack of Rose wine last night , but the home-made chicken "concoction " didn't do it justice . I am advising my daughter (a Travel agent ) to avoid the hotel . I think we were sadly let down . It is Jane I feel sorry for ,she works so hard to give us all a lovely weekend , but in spite of the little "niggles" it was another great weekend . Love to everyone "auntie" Beryl.

Posted 9 years ago #
  20. Carol

I agree the hotel was a bit disappointing but the staff tried their best and these weekends are all about the excellent company. So to everyone who went I say thanks again for the lovely time. I am also making up for the lack of wine!

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.