The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Special message from Pauline at Newbury

(8 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Ginny McCoy

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I would like to thank you all for making me feel so welcome at Newbury on my first stitcher's weekend. Hopefully, the first of many. I would especially like to thank the ladies on my table for their patience as they were subjected to lots of questions and queries from me! I am still having nightmares about Queen stitch!! As I am on Grandma duty this week, I won't be able to get stuck into any stitching until the weekend, so hope I haven't forgotten everything I learned!! Thank you all for your assistance.

Pauline

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Carol

Thank you Pauline for being a good table companion. I did queen stitch today and must admit they are not a patch on yours. Mine are just an untidy blob, yours looked so neat. Hope to see you at another weekend.

Carol

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Rachel H

If we are talking of untidy blobs...... my French knots are a bit like that - the ones that don't disappear under the material, that is!!

I thought Pauline and Ginny did very well on our rather raucous table (no names no pack drill, but basically, me, Carol, Brenda, Nancy and Frances!)

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Carol

I was the quiet one in the corner, all the rest were noisy!

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

It was a round table, it didn't have corners.

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Carol

A technicality. I was in the metorphoric corner. We used to have to stand in the corner at school if we were naughty. Not that I ever had to do so of course

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Pauline

You were all very patient!! It was a very enjoyable weekend and hope to see you ALL again! Trust that thought doesn't make you shudder too much!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. Ginny McCoy

Hi ladies!

I'm sorry not to have been on earlier, but things have been a bit hectic here and I just haven't had the chance.

I too would like to thank you all so much for making me feel welcome, and to say what fun it was - I can't wait for Leicester, which seems a long way away at the moment.

As I sit and stitch, I do think of everyone else, and hope they're doing the same. I'm trying to finish my owl in time for Leicester.

So, a big THANK YOU, and I to hope to see everyone again. Pauline, I'll always think of you when Queen Stitch raises its head now!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.