The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Jane and Bill in Chile

(8 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by Tina Lamborn
  • Latest reply from Ginny McCoy

No tags yet.

1. Tina Lamborn

Does anyone have uptodate news of how Jane and Bill are fairing in Chile after the earthquake there please.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

What earthquake in Chile? Haven't heard that there was one there. The only one I've heard about is the one in Nepal which sounds like a really nasty one. Or am I just being ignorant and have missed the news?

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

It was a volcano, and as far as I know all we've heard is what she put on Facebook on Thursday, as follows...

"Hi all Big volcano here in Chile- may have to change our plans!"

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Definitely a volcano pictures on the news the day Jane posted but nothing since. Hope Jane manages to put another post on Facebook. I don't do Facebook but can read Jane's posts on the CSG web site.

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. I think Jean the events in Chile have been overtaken by the earthquake in Nepal - hasn't it been truly dreadful - I pity the poor people and also the rescuers as they probably just do not know where to start first.

We are just so lucky in this country that we don't have these violent experiences of nature.

I did - many years ago during the time I lived in Buckinghamshire - travel to Glenelg with a youth group that Geoff and I were volunteering with and we experienced an earth tremor there. We were camping and it was early morning. I tell you I shot out of my sleeping bag like a bat out of hell! - I got outside the tent and just stood there thinking 'where the hell do I think I'm going to run to anyway.....' - that was frightening enough for me!

Beautiful area Glenelg - a pallindrome (same back'ards as for'ards for those of you trying to keep up.......)!!

I remember one morning - we were camped near to a swift running stream. I was on my knees bending over washing my hair in the water - God it was cold, gave me a headache, and one of the 'youths' came up and told me there was a dead sheep in the water gushing my way. Dear soul, could've kept that quiet but what with that and the fact that the evening meal lasted the whole week with the leftovers on night one just having some extra stuff thrown in the pot to make the meal for night two and so on through the week, it brought home to me that I was simply just born to be a Four Star girl - thus the weekends at the Hiltons appeal far more than wet grass and sheep droppings......

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Jean Strange

Yes I think you're right Brenda about Chile and Nepal.
    I remember when I was working before I had Judith we had a small earthquake here in the south. The office building shook slightly for a few seconds that was frightening enough!!
    My cousin who lives in The States has experienced a couple including one quite bad one which hit the early morning news here. She phoned my Aunt very early to say I'm OK still got water and power only a few pictures fallen off the walls!!
    That was frightening enough I think!!

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Barbara Stone

When we were in New Zealand, they'd been having tremors around the Christchurch area, every day - just small tremors, cos it was before the big one that decimated the city, but the two or three days we were there, they had none. So thankfully we've never experienced anything like that. My heart goes out to everybody who's suffering in Nepal. Thankfully they are now getting relief into the city, but it must be terrible for everybody who lives there.

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. Ginny McCoy

Well, I don't know where I've been but I hadn't picked up on this either. I do hope Jane and Bill are ok.

This Nepal earthquake is truly dreadful. I feel so sorry for people, it must be terrifying, and then they may well have lost everything afterwards. I do hope that help can start to reach them.

Brenda, it's lovely to see you on the forum! I still think of you and your infamous "spotty thing"! Hmmm, think I'll stick with the various Hiltons too - washing your hair in impending dead sheep really doesn't cut it with me!

I hope to see people in November at the next Hilton bash.

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.