Where is everybody?

(11 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by Christine Berrett
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Helloooo folks!

Have you all fallen off the planet, or merely melted with the heat?

Or perhaps you are on holiday??

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Rachel H

Im here with a pulled muscle in my back. Slightly painful to say the least!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Ouch, painful! Poor you :o((

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Jean Strange

Double ouch I've been through that spent a week in bed!! Been to caravan in New Forest relaxing after visit from daughter and grandsons. Trying to catch up on the washing etc.

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I managed to get washing out on the line this morning, and brought it in again about 10 seconds before the heavens opened!

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Rita Barron

Hope you are feeling a bit better Rachel! Back ache is horrible and it just takes time to heal! A real nuisance!
    I'm here but haven't been on this site for a while!! Great to be on holiday and pottering about the house! Must try and finish some of my UFOs! I have a feeling time will fly by and I won't have achieved much on the stitching front! Glorious day today and great to get all the washing dry! Been for some nice walks and enjoying not clock watching! Hope the sun is shining wherever you all are and that you are managing to enjoy these summer days! Wonderful bird activity in the garden and lots of busy bees! Not many butterflies as yet this year! Maybe not sat long enough yet watching for them?? Better go back outside and practise a bit more! Very dangerous could get used to this!!!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Brigitte Gant

I don't know where the time goes either.

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. Barbara Stone

What heat? Its been pouring with rain here this afternoon, and in fact during the time that everybody else was suffering with heat exhaustion, we only had one day of sunshine, and the rest of the time, it was raining, overcast but really muggy. Well, I suppose I did decide to live in the West Country.
    Hope your back is now better Rachel, back ache is horrible I know, so hope you will soon be feeling A1 again.
    Will be having visitors from Friday onwards so no idea when I'll get back on the forum.

Posted 8 years ago #
  9. Andrea Thompson

I've mainly been looking out the window at the nice weather and wishing I was out cycling on my bike. Then I remember why I'm not. Instead I have got my bike propped up on a turbo trainer in my living room (with a good view of the TV). Been getting up early each morning to do a 30 min session (usually watching the tour de France highlights program from the night before) before getting changed ready for work. The side effect of this has been me falling asleep on the settee at early o'clock in the evenings before dragging myself off to bed, to repeat the same the next day!
    I am back at my ballroom dancing class now though. I find that more difficult than the cycling at present because of the angle I have to hold my arm.
    - fyi, I had a crash whilst out cycling on my bike in May and hurt my shoulder -

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. SallyH

Am very busy stitching as I have a big exhibition coming up in August and need to do lots of sewing of all sorts of items. It's on for a week and three of our local groups have the whole of the top floor of our main Methodist Church to display and sell whatever we can. Downstairs in the Church are more sales tables of local craft people. This will be our 4th year and we usually do very well. Well worth a visit.

Posted 8 years ago #
  11. Jean Strange

Busy time here "invaded" by daughter and grandsons, Jeff and I getting one of these nasty 24 hour sickness bugs. Visit to caravan then last night hosted a BRBQ for a friend who is retiring. Nothing being done at school so very select few invited here. Was a good evening.

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. Jean Strange

Hi everyone
    Are we all on holiday? Sat in awning in The New Forest did The New Forest Show all three days this week. Very pleasant not too hot and sticky for walking around. Back home on Wednesday as daughter and grandsons coming for night on Thursday.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.