The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

NEC

(2 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Barbara Stone

No tags yet.

1. Yo everyone!! - what a dreadful Americanism (with apologies to American Guild members, but I live too far away for you to come and thump me on the nose......)

Well, I had a day at the NEC yesterday for the Festival of Quilts. Lovely day out and a really good show I thought - so - for those of you with time to spare, and near enough in distance, do try and fit in a visit if you can, there's still tomorrow and Sunday.

I do view some of the quilts but I don't wander round endlessly looking at all of them I have to say - but the first one I saw was the 2nd Prize winner and I just absolutely loved it. If that was the 2nd prizewinning entry goodness only knows what the 1st prize looked like. I take my hat off to the ladies who produce these items - I certainly know I couldn't do it.

Once again the stallholders were working their socks off, being helpful to all - just basically being so nice to everyone when, let's face it, they are confined in an environment which seems to get more and more airless and hotter and hotter. They all deserve a medal!

I got home about tea-time and spent most of the evening in a glaze. Well worth it, aching feet, empty purse and all!!

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Barbara Stone

Glad you had a nice time at the NEC. For one reason or another, I've missed nearly every NEC or Olympia for the past year or two. Hoping to go to Exeter in September with my stitchers group, and give me a chance to stock up on the things I need.
    Been busy on the West Somerset railway lately, and passed my test to become a travelling ticket inspector on Wednesday, so I do have a small excuse for not going. Should have arranged to meet up with you Brenda, then we could have swapped stories of railway life.

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.