The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Latest Itch to Stitch

(23 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by SallyH
  • Latest reply from Monica Langstaff

No tags yet.

1. Barbara Stone

Unfortunately my postie is now on holiday over the Christmas period, but as soon as he comes back, I'll ask him how he knows that I stitch. The replacement postie is female, wears extremely long trousers, and doesn't talk to anybody at all. She also dumped all the post for the remainder of the road (about 30 houses) through a friends letterbox, rather than delivering it herself, and then got very nasty when she had to come back and finish delivering it when she was meant to be off duty, after our friend took it to the post office and complained.
    Our male postie always wears shorts, DM's, orange floresent jacket, drives a medium sized van, and runs from house to house when not in the van.

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Monica's lady postie sounds a lot more efficient than your lady postie Barbara.

As for the male postie wearing shorts but running from house to house when not in his van - what a wimp. Probably frightened his letters and parcels will shrivel up in the cold.

But going back to Monica's lady postie- daughter in law. Scrabbling round a bit in my brain here - is this Kate we are talking about? - Her wot's a fantastic cook - how does she mange to stay size 8 then??

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Yes it is Kate. She stays slim because she works six days a week, twelve hours a day! However she eats like a horse to keep her energy levels up, suppose it is all just natural for her. If I wasn't so fond of her I might not be talking to her!
    Happy Christmas all and best wishes for 2016 xx

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.