The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

My place at Swindon

(4 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Hello. For those of you who don't do Facebook, I have to tell you that I won't be able to go to Swindon as Bill had a stroke on Tuesday morning, has deteriorated since then and the prognosis is not very good. Having said that, today he is sleeping much calmer and has had no more vomiting and seizures. They say that the sleeping is okay, although of course we really want him to wake up and talk. His daughter and son in law are here from Wales, and his son lives locally.

I have paid the balance of my Swindon weekend and Jane has paid the hotel, so as I haven't got any travel insurance in place, it is unlikely I will get a refund.

Does anybody know anyone who would like to take my place, using my name if necessary! We could sort out the money side if there was somebody who would like my place.

If you do, please get in touch with Christine Berrett and she will put you in touch with me.

Thank you. Rachel x

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

If anyone is able to take Rachel's place, please reply to the post, saying that you are interested, and I will pass your details on to Rachel.

Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Rachel H

It looks as though there may be a chance I can come to Swindon. Sadly and devastatingly Bill passed away in hospital last Sunday, not having recovered consciousness. His funeral is on 16 March; my son has been given compassionate leave from his naval duties in Singapore and will be here, returning to Singapore on 17 March. The CSG weekend is 18 March, and people are saying that it would do me good to go. I feel it might. I just need to check with Jane that she hasn't sold my place on!

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Rachel, really hope you can make it to Swindon. But if you can't, we'll all understand, even tho' you'll be much missed!

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.