The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

H.M. Revenue

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett

No tags yet.

1. You might like to have brought to your attention that I've received an e-mail today purportedly from the Government H.M. Revenue and Customs Office.

In it they tell me that they are having problems getting a tax refund through to me so I should click on a link named by them to fill out the 'Refund Now Box'

Obviously a scam, but one I've never come across before.....just thought you might like to know in case you receive the same!

Hope in the meantime you are all busy stitching away and enjoying yourselves. Love Brenda

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. SallyH

Thanks Brenda. There are so many scams about that you have to be alert all the time. Still busy stitching but miss catching up with everyone. November seems such a long time away, although I have plenty to get on with as our exhibition is only two weeks away and there's always a lot to do getting everything ready, plus I will have two of my Grandchildren staying while the exhibition is on. Love Sally

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Hi Brenda
    I've seen these before.
    I believe the Revenue only ever write to you and send refunds as a cheque not directly to your bank account.
    I'm trying to get various small bits finished, but going away on the bike tends to get I the way during the summer
    Helen

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I've had spam/scam emails purporting to be from HMRC and various banks - I always forward them on to the fraud department of the relevant organisation.

I have also, in the past, had a genuine tax refund paid directly into my bank account, but ONLY after I have completed a tax return online where I was given the option to receive the refund by cheque or direct payment.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.