The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

Leicester

(30 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Rachel H
  • Latest reply from Jean Strange

No tags yet.

1. Rachel H

Its really spooky that Mrs Midgley and Mrs Frewin know me so well considering we only meet up 2 or 3 times a year! Sadly the ra ra skirt is no more, along with the lurex boob tube; well, you have to give up some things, don't you and when your 15 year old granddaughter wants them......! Now the tiara is a different matter; it actually belongs to my mother via her mother, so I guess will come to me in due course. Its in the bank because there she knows where it is!! She has pulled rank this weekend and will be wearing it to the Neville's Close (where she lives) Annual Grab a Granny Disco, along with her medal and her autographed photo of Des O'Connor pinned like a brooch to her brocade evening gown (or it could be taffeta) with the lace trim and long black evening gloves. I'm hoping she'll grab someone - prefereably the elderly gentleman who lives at No. 24!!

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Hate to sound negative Rachel and throw cold water on your ideas/wishes, but don't you think the elderly gentleman at no. 24 might prefer a younger bit of crackling than your 90 year old something mum??

That reminds me though - on Monday last Geoff and I were visiting someone in a nursing home and whilst nursing staff were administering some sort of attention to the inhabitant, we were kicked out of the room for 10 minutes. Cue: some doddery old lady came and grabbed me to help get another doddery old lady up out of her wheelchair (why me? - I dunno) - anyway - whilst I held her hand and stroked it I explained to her that I was a visitor, not a member of staff, and I didn't have the expertise to assist her in the correct way, so she was better staying in her chair for a bit. As this was going on the more mobile doddery old lady was talking to Geoff in the background...she then turned to me and kept saying 'isn't he lovely, isn't he nice'.

Our journey home consisted of me keep getting the giggles thinking of Geoff pulling a 'bird' almost twice his age and a bit ga-ga..... (sorry sorry to anyone offended, I know it's not politically correct to recount this little scenario, but it gave me such a lift to see the look on Geoff's face when faced with this ardent admiration of hers...

See you all on Friday with or without tiaras!! Love Brenda

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Tiaras optional (but wouldn't it be fun?!)

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Carol

Well I'll bring mine if you bring yours Christine

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Sorry, it doesn't go with my jeans and tee-shirt :o(

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Over all too soon
    Another lovely weekend - great to catch up with you all again
    Hope everyone has had a safe trip home

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Rachel H

What a great weekend! I did so enjoy seeing everyone again! And even the journey home was good!!

Here's to the next one..

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

129 sleeps to Swindon.......

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. Christine, we didn't need to know that!
    Although looking at my rather white garden it's good to have something to look forward to

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. Jean Strange

Christine it is just too long to Swindon but really looking forward to it. Countdown started!!! Don't think I can use my countdown to Santa board from now until then!! Think there might be 2 confused small boys in this house!!!

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.