The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

How to save the chart Key

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Garfield
  • Latest reply from Christine Berrett
  1. Garfield

Hi everyone. I am very new to istitch and i think its great, I'm looking to save the chart Key to save to my computer and my designs, i can only see an option to print. If anyone knows how to save the chart key, it would be greatly appreciated

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hello and welcome to the forum!

That's an interesting question that I don't think has ever come up before (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

I don't think there IS any way to save the key separately from the chart in iStitch.

However, I'm intrigued as to why you would want to do this in the first place, as the key will always be generated from the chart, and doesn't really mean anything by itself? I mean, when you save the chart, you are automatically saving the key as well.

Christine

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Rachel H

Hi! I use istitch quite a lot. When you upload a saved chart, it brings up the chart key for that chart and the colours you have used should have a little tick in the top left corner.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. Garfield

Hi Christine, thank you for your reply, I want to save it so i can put it into a PDF and make it a digital download. am I missing something when saving my chart? I cant see the key separately? Any more help, greatly appreciated

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. Garfield

Hi Rachel, thank you for your reply, I have found the colour chart at the bottom, can i print that separately?

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

I have just had a go at adding the key to a chart and I've found a way of doing this, as follows...

With the chart open, click on "Functions" along the top of the screen, then "stitching" in the sub-menu, and finally "On chart key". This will let you choose where to place the key and how big to make the text on the key. I suggest you have a play with it to see how it works. If you don't like where the key is, or what it looks like, just click "Undo".

Once the key is on the chart to your satisfaction, you can do what you like with the end result and the chart and key will be part of the same document.

Good Luck!

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. Garfield

Christine! that is brilliant, thank you! all sorted now and i can play around and create charts for my designs in PDF's..... very exciting!

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hurrah, so glad you are sorted!

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.