The Cross Stitch Forum » CSG Forum

April Newsletter

(4 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by brenda midgley
  • Latest reply from brenda midgley

No tags yet.

1. What a stupid girl I am......having addressed the previous posting as the March Newsletter I've suddenly realised it should be the April Newsletter I was writing about......

Now this is where this coronavirus lark gets silly...I just wonder how many of you there are like me who are completely losing track of where we are with both the date and what month we are in....all the days whilst in this lock-down thing are just moving into becoming one big blur.......

Lovely day again today. Been in the garden this morning. Now I did think that all the work I was doing out there would be keeping me fit; but now I'm not so sure as I also walked round a corner or two so's I could pop a card in the nearby pillar box. By the time I got home I was puffing like a good 'un, so I'm obviously sitting around not doing very much for longer than I realised...... and becoming more lethargic and lazy than is good for me.......

Must therefore go and lay a few chocolate bars on the floor around the house....all that bending ns stretching to pick them up will surely do me some good......

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. Jean Strange

Hi Brenda and everyone.
    Managed to get signing on sorted out. Honestly since my op my brain doesn’t seem to always be in gear!!! For those of you who don’t know I had a liver transplant on February 11th. I am doing well but this Coronavirus is making things even more difficult. Went for a walk with Jeff yesterday to post an Easter card to my Grandsons and a little further to a local park observing social distancing. I probably shouldn’t have gone but definitely was 6feet or more apart from anyone we met. Been told I need to exercise but difficult when you can’t go anywhere.

Managing lots of sorting out of craft materials and doing my stitching and knitting.

Had booked for Swindon but cancelled when I had my op had been really looking forward to it. Just hope we will be able to go on our booked holiday in the first week of August. We are hoping to take our daughter and family to North Devon where we spent holidays when Judith was small. A memory trip.

I love receiving the newsletter and of course the mag.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Christine Berrett
    Administrator

Hello Jean! (waves at Jean from a socially acceptable distance)

So glad you were able to log on OK :o))

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. JEAN STRANGE!! - by all that's wonderful. So lovely to hear from you and to know that all is going well after your liver op.

You sound quite upbeat and as if you are recuperating well, and that's such a pleasure to hear after the dreadful time you've had with your illness.

It's a shame Swindon didn't come about, but hopefully things will look better for later in the year and in the meantime I've got everything crossed that you will be able to go to North Devon with your family in August.

At the moment of course we are literally all living week by week, remembering to follow all the advice we are being given, so who can tell how things will stand in August - it's anybody's guess right now, but we must hope for the best that we will shortly 'level out' with this dreadful virus.

So - for now, keep smiling and take care. Lots of hugs. Brenda xx

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.